Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

HM: How Do You Say Goodbye in Dutch?

Saturday….I did not want to wake Up. Waking up meant packing and leaving. I did not want to leave.

Matt finally convinced me that we could go down to the beach one more time, swim in the ocean, feel the sand, and say goodbye. As much as I didn’t like that last thing, I did want to spend just a bit more time on the beach. So we went down. The water was calm, warm, and still so clear. I had a nice tan by this time and was very comfortable on Eastern time.

We did say goodbye to the beach and packed up our bags and called the bellhop. We took a cab to SXM and sat down at the Plantation, the restaurant in the airport. WORST meal of the trip. Service was bad. The meal was missing pieces. And for being in an airport, they sure took their sweet time. For a club and a BLT, it took about an hour. It was a good thing we had the time.

We sat in the sterile area for so long, which was crowded because of the delayed Delta flights to JFK and the construction that was happening. In prepping to board, Matt got checked through security once again. He’d gotten extra checked leaving Dickinson but at SXM, they double went through his shoes, his carry on, and all. I shouldn’t have been surprised that it was him that got picked.

As we took off, sitting in first class again too, it was sad. We’d have to go back to reality. This flight to Atlanta, there was no champagne. It felt appropriate. But I did watch the island disappear beneath us as I prepped the list of things for our return visit.
Best meal: We had Chick-fil-a despite my irritation with the belief system of the company. I almost hate to admit that it was a dang good sandwich.

ALR: Goodbye Room.
   Goodbye Balcony.
   Goodbye Hill and other hill and other hill.
   Goodbye Lizards (They were fricken EVERYWHERE)
   Goodbye Beach
   Goodbye Divi Little Bay
   Goodbye guavaberries
   Goodbye cabs
   Goodbye St. Juliane
   Goodbye Ocean.
MJR: Are you done?
ALR: No. Goodbye golf couse.
MJR: Are you done now?
ALR: yeah, I guess so. (Sad face)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment