Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Goals in Mind!

Big week at the Moser-Remynse house!
  1. Our invitations went out. All 203 of them. In one box. Stamped. Stuffed. Addressed. And Returned addressed. Felt good to see them go out. My cousin and bridesmaid, Kate, designed them and I do think they are so cute. I wanted something that fit our design and used our pictures! These did that for sure! We’ve had some great compliments on them! We are even getting RSVP’s back…and it brings a smile to my face to see them. We had a few electronic ones before the invites, but now I get a few trickle in each day.
  2. We finalized details on the tuxedos. Matt picked out the colors and design for each wedding party member and he even let me put my 2cents in. I’m excited to see how the final product looks on the whole party but I think I’m very excited to see Matt dressed up…I know I’ve seen him in a tux a couple times, but I think this may be the best one yet! I’m also very impressed with those that got their sizes in already. Matt was obviously the first but the second one to get it all in was my father followed up by his father! Made me smile and my father even got a call from me!
  3. We are officially moved in. We went and got everything out of the storage unit and brought it all back to Dickinson and unloaded it. Those were some icky boxes and Matt and I will have to do some purging as it appears we both have a bit of hoarding in us. I’m a little more aggressive in thoughts to toss so we’ll see how the unpacking goes.
  4. We went to Menards and Lowe’s for some of the final details of the house. We didn’t have great luck…we had okay luck. Vanity, purchased from Menards, last one in stock…took 9 hours to locate. Sink (Lowes), the one Matt wanted had one in stock, they couldn’t find it. Thought it might be the damaged one in back. Masterbath hardware (Lowe’s) had only a hand towel ring left…no paper dispenser, no towel racks, no hooks, so we couldn’t go with that one. The curtain rod (Lowes) I wanted had one in stock….never found it. The faucet for the master that we wanted had to be purchased as the demo because that’s all Menards had. It was one thing after another. Either we have popular taste and people keep buying what we want OR we don’t and they don’t want to reorder them. The only saving grace for this ordeal was that we had great customer service in both places.
  5. After our exciting day picking things up, we knew we had to install them! We put up bathroom hardware, hung a picture, and put up curtains and rods. We also are still working on the master bath. We bought a vanity and light. We got the light installed, hauled the vanity from the garage all the way upstairs into the master suite, out of the box into the bathroom and we realized the plumbing was on the wrong side. Hooray for special orders!
  6. Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup. This doesn’t have as much to do with our household but more the mood of a certain individual in the household.
 
Best Meal: Matt smoked ribs for me and I put together a squash veg packet for the grill. I love when he makes me ribs.
 
ALM in basement (with the kitties)
MJR in den watching TV
MJR: You @$$h013$, seriously get your heads out of you @$$3$.
MJR: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
MJR: WHERE’S THE EFFING WHISTLE?
MJR: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
MJR: CLEAN UP THE ICE!
MJR: WHY AREN’T YOU GUYS TALKING TO EACH OTHER!
MJR: WAHOOOOO, YES! YES! THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT!
MJR: Minute left!
MJR: YEAH!!!! WAHOO!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!
MJR: Honey, we won! WE WON!!!
MJR: What channel is QVC!?
 
 
                                          74 days

No comments:

Post a Comment