Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Weddings and Condos!

I think I needed a vacation from my weekend. It’s been a crazy but wonderful weekend. Two amazing things happened: we spent our first night in the condo and one of my best friends got married.

The best part about Shantelle and Rick is how they met. Matt actually holds quite a bit of weight as he’s the reason Rick moved to ND and he also gave me the idea that the two of them might be compatible. From there I took the ball and ran with it, I let Rick in on the deal, but I couldn’t tell Shantelle, as I knew it had to be “her” idea. So basically I tricked her. Her wedding planning and our wedding planning has been great as it’s nice to know what she’s been having problems with, we’ve shared ideas, and most importantly, we’ve lamented together. No one likes to turn into a bridezilla or a nag but there are times when it seems that things don’t get done until we become those things. I think at one time, she was completely at peace with the fact that her music was going to be an ipod and Pandora. I understand. And as Tiff preps for her wedding, I’m hearing her understand too.

She picked out a dress that’s perfect for her, lace with a slight train and it fit her to the tee. Her colors were yellow and orange with gray suites. I wore the contrasting orange with yellow. She held tight to waiting to see her groom for the moment that they walked down the aisle. We busted through pics after that and headed to the reception. She had a fishing theme wedding and I’ll be the first to say that I really scoffed at it but she did it with great thought. Each table started with a mirror that had three mason jars on it, two of the jars looked like lanterns with handles and candle light. The third jar was filled with water, contained minnows, a bobber and a ring floating
on the hook. Around the jars were twigs that she gathered and each place was set with a coaster that they had handmade from tree cuts with their initials and a date. She had made her own cake and they had strung bobber lights along the head table and cake table. It was a great day, one that seemed to rush by, made me a little jealous for our own to get here a bit quicker. I will admit that I thought about tears more than they happened, but the speech still got me. Dang it. I better pack kleenex’s for my own!

What’s ironic is Shantelle’s first night married, was our first night to sleep in the condo. Matt had moved the bed over during the day. It was a bit surreal to wake up on the 2nd floor, versus our typical place, but it was completely wonderful to see the trees and sun come up. Maybe a bit too early but all the same, we got a bathroom, a bedroom, and we even re-found the kitchen over the weekend. It was like all our work was finally presenting itself.

Best meal: Shantelle’s rehearsal dinner, her cousin, Lori, and her husband, Brad, made shredded pork for sandwiches and put together with cupcake with buttercream frosting…mmmmmmm.

MJR: I’m so glad Shantelle put you in this dress. You are easy to find.

89 Days

1 comment:

  1. Cool thing about your dress is you can wear it at the 4th annual deer cull this November.

    ReplyDelete