Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Big Ol' Jet Airliner....

As I watched the plane come in and land, I realized I was watching one of Matt’s biggest professional goals come into reality. United had its first arrival on 6/5 and we watched the plane come in. This wasn’t a one night build up, or a 3 month build up, I know he’s been waiting for this day for the past seven years, since he first stepped foot on the grounds. And after months of meeting, negotiating, back and forthing, and dreaming, it finally materialized in front of his face. The first scheduled flight will leave 6/6 and they are running over 90% full, which is a great start to further support the need for regional jet service. I was awful proud to see him and his dream taxing into the airport.

We are still pushing forward with the condo too. I realize the pressure that he’s been under: 2 airlines, remodeling, paid parking, wedding, house buying, condo renovation, it’s not like these aren’t major life events. What will we do when these things are complete?



Here’s how it looks:
Monday: textured the walls and they looked wonderful, 2 bed, 2 bath
Tuesday: primed the texture. So far we’ve put 11 gallons of primer through the house. We also did the first coat of ceiling paint, 2 bed, 2 bath
Wednesday: Second coat of ceiling paint in both beds and then we put the first coat of paint on the 2 baths and master bed. We still aren’t sure about colors for the second bed.
Thursday: we plan to put second coat in master bed and both baths, cleaning up, and prepping for the return of the carpet cleaner.
Friday: the carpet cleaner will return

We are also waiting for flooring to finish out as I’m working with the guy that did floors for me in my first house but he’s been very busy, I’m hoping that we can get that worked out soon as Matt wants to move a few items so we can start getting boxes out. These include the sofa, love seat, and bed. I know that I will not be of much service this weekend with Shantelle and Rick’s wedding but we hope we can start sleeping and staying there.

Best meal: We met each other for lunch at Mama Rosina’s…that breadbowl is always so good!

MJR: Come and look at this?
ALM: What?
MJR: Do you think it’s light?
ALM: Yes, but I thought that when we bought it.
MJR: I thought it would be darker.
ALM: No, this is what I warned you about.
MJR: I wanted “Italian marble”.
ALM: That’s what we got in the bathroom and I wanted the bathroom darker.
MJR: Well I wanted the bathroom in “cotton ball”.
ALM: I don’t remember hearing that.
MJR: Well I thought this would be darker.
ALM: I didn’t, that’s what I said when we bought it. What do you want to do?
MJR: (staring)
                                           93 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment