Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Good Help is Great to Find!

Another weekend come and gone!

We made progress that mostly has to be credited to temporary expansion of our workforce. We grew 50% on Saturday to include my mother in the prep process of the house prep. And she didn’t waste any time in getting things going, we ripped wallpaper off in the bathroom for probably 6 or so hours, her exact words made me feel a little better: I knew it was going to bad but I didn’t know it was going to be this bad. I had really thought I was just feeling sorry for myself and this whole process. This room (Master bath) was the last in the series of hard pushing and it was the last of the blue/wheat daisy’s that I had grown to detest. Mom and Matt’s wallpaper techniques are very similar (the wallpaper will go faster when I push hard and go faster) but Mom’s patience with the process was
better than Matt’s and she stuck with it despite her attempts to upgrade equipment, hack walls, and even resorting to cutting herself. Matt was a bit upset I was more sympathetic to her attempts to quit than his. Mom even did the laundry room. It was in the plan for eventually but it feels good to not stare at that too now. I can’t believe all she helped accomplish, don’t know how I can say thank you enough. The picture is what we kept "finding" underneath the wallpaper, along with some cryptic notes about style and placement. It felt very mocking. I can happily report that as of 6/2 at approximately 3:00pm, we are wallpaper free.

We had a bit of trouble the next day, as Matt’s paint sprayer appears to have a hiccup so we did end up rolling all the primer, putting our texture back a day as we wait for primer to dry. With three people, it amazed me how quick we got 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms done. Matt and I will texture tonight, prime soon and paint will come. With that, we’ll trigger our floor guy to come in and replace the master bath floor and we’ll finish out with a carpet cleaner to freshen it up for a final hoorah and let the living begin. We now have the plan that we’ll start moving in this weekend, which is also the same weekend as Shantelle and Rick’s wedding so Matt may be doing some by himself as I will be a bit preoccupied! To be honest, if we wake up there on Sunday morning and the bed is the only thing that’s really there…I’m okay with that.

We did do a little trade for labor to start the weekend off though. Before we got Mom, Matt went and helped Dad. With everything from bulb changing to tire changing, to loading bulls, Dad and Matt hung out while Mom and I were at Amber (Daniel, my cousin’s fiancĂ©)’s shower that my aunts put on for her. Was a nice shower that had a range of family and friends to support the couple. I told her I’d be taking notes from her wedding for mine!

Best meal: We’ve had a lot of McDonald’s lately, because it’s easy. I’ve found the definition of plate changes when you are packed/moving because we’ve run out because they are packed. I’ve used a glass bowl and a cutting board lately, so if you think just eating off things because creative, can you imagine how we feel with cooking.

“I’ve got a lot of firsts!!! I got to see the condo before Randy, I got a key before Randy, and I got to sleep at the condo first! Ha! Another I win!” – my mother, gloating.
96 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment