Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Vowing...

We are getting more settled into the house on Hillside. We have yet to use the pool, which I feel that when we do, will be a nice reward. But we have been unpacking and shifting and settling. We have been tweaking in the yard. Matt’s kohlrabi is coming up, I don’t have high expectations, but we’ll see how it goes. My Super Fantastic tomato is giving me high hopes and Matt’s beans have a bit of way to go. But the bright spot of the yard right now is the peonies. THEY are BEAUTIFUL! I’m so glad to see them and the bloom came as a nice surprise on Monday night!

We also took in the Rotary Officer Cross Over this week. Matt stepped down as treasurer after three years and has decided to watch the leadership ladder. He accepted the vice president position. He also accepted a very fitting award, “The Knight in Shining Armour” award, for his servitude of jumping in and changing a fellow Rotarian’s flat tire on the interstate. He did make me proud that day after we got her on the road. He also made me smile at the cross over when he introduced me as his beautiful fiancĂ©. That has such a nice ring.

The big part of the week was my cousin, Daniel’s wedding. It was a nice ceremony and you could tell they were surrounded by friends and family. I also got to give props to a couple that does things true to themselves. They had camo (both green and white) vests for the groomsmen and the bride wore white and brown cowboy boots under her dress. Made me very ready for our dance as it will be a similar crowd with the Dagman family present and when we visited with Daniel he told us that the hardest part was standing in front of everyone and reciting the vows and I’m sure he’s right and I will be nervous and I will bumble and I’m fully realizing that I will cry, great! It was nice to enjoy the wedding with Matt, we have been to more weddings where each other has been in the wedding than we get to take in. We even took in a dance and I was told that he liked my dress. I deem the night a success.
Best meal: Greg and Stacy's house...we were able to catch up with one of my bridesmaids a bit and she had made risotto, steak, pasta salad and an AMAZING dessert so between the dessert, the drinks, and the company...we had a great time.

ALM and MJR going through their clothes to purge.
ALM: Do you want to keep this one?
MJR: Yes, it can go up in the bedroom, I wear that in the summer.
ALM: This one?
MJR: No. The fit is off.
ALM: This one?
MJR: (staring)
ALM: I don’t think I’ve seen you in this one.
MJR: No, you wouldn’t have.
ALM: (staring back)
MJR: That’s my pimping and clubbing shirt.
ALM: (eye roll)

68 days

No comments:

Post a Comment