Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Showered with Love.

Wedding Update….
1. I’m proud (and relieved) to say that we officially have all the tux measurements in. I’m also incredibly proud to say that my father, Mr. GruffnTuff, was the first one (aside from Matt) to get his measurements in. So that’s done.

2. I’ve had a flower update from my maid of honor who has taken on the job of creating 51 bridal party arrangements and then guest arrangements as well. She’s informed me that I’m to get them later this month.

3. Programs have been created. Some info just needs to be verified but for the most part they are done. My mother will be printing them and then we’ll be binding together soonish.

4. Bridesmaid’s hair appointments have been scheduled. I’m excited to hear that all my bridesmaids will be getting their hair done, looking forward to a moment of fun. I’m hoping they have their fittings planned as I have a feeling a lot of the dresses will need to be shortened.

5. I have my appointments scheduled: hair cut, hair color, make up…and due to the graciousness of my mother, I’m getting my fingers and toes done too, that was her bridal shower gift to me.

6. Decorations have been started. Yes, we are hiring a decorator but I wanted to create some personalized touches that show off Matt and I both as a couple and individually. Matt and I have both had a hand in them…so that’s exciting another great part to me. We’ll meet with our decorator this week to go over what our final decisions are.

7. Ceremony is outlined. We have our ceremony song, readings, order, message, and so on created. In fact, I’ve already gotten my reading to my aunt who has informed me that she’s glad for the time to practice as she’s nervous about her happy tears, I stated that I of anyone understands…I’m scared to death that I’m going to be a puddle of a bride on our day.

8. My bachelorette party is planned and I’m excited to see what Tiff and my sister are cooking up. I’m pumped as what little I’ve heard sounds great.

9. My wedding dress has been fitted. My mother and I went into the alterations place this past weekend and for the first time ever, I saw my dress, veil, shoes, jewelry, and so on all together.

10. We met with the reception hall contact, we got the menu, details, tables, and so on all hashed out. Matt and I have enjoyed working with them. They have a nice facility, they get back to us pretty quickly, and seem to have a good hand on this event thing!

11. I’ve been showered!!! How fun was this past weekend. My aunties (Grace, Merri, Descie, and Janice) through me a shower and it was absolutely wonderful. They had a few games, a few stories, and had Janice shower me with some well thought/well lived advice for marriage and life. There were a few moments that brought me to tears for one reason or another. Janice got a smart phone and seems to have not quite mastered the art of the camera phone as of yet, but she wasn’t going to stop herself from continuing to try. Another good laugh was when we played “All about Amanda” and Grandma Dar couldn’t believe that Merri knew all the answers! My mother had to explain to her that Merri may not know all the answers, but I did! The other part that brought tears to my eyes, was when Janice gave my Great, Great Grandma Lydia’s wedding gift of a crystal pitcher, received in 1906. It was then reminded to me that I’m the first Dagman granddaughter to get married.

I had a nice turnout, complete with a couple bridesmaids, two mothers (1 of the bride, 1 of the groom), 2 grandparents, 2 great aunts, 3 aunts, 1 cousin and 1 cousin-in-law, 2 Matt supporters (plus his mother), and a sister! They gave Matt and I some wonderful gifts and when I reviewed them with him, I’m not sure which one was his favorite, the saws-all that his parents gave us or the juicer that my aunts gave us! Either way, we felt very loved when I told him about the party and showed him what we had been given.

The second shower was given by Gerry Ann, a close family friend and neighbor. She invited my mother’s birthday group ladies who have watched me grow up, forever! We had a themed shower for the second one, garden/yard party and it was such a kick. Matt had to laugh when I unpacked the four gnomes to show him what we had received. It was nice to see them and so many had returned their RSVP and I’m excited for them to meet Matt.

So all in all, the weekend was an enjoyable success. We went to the Radisson, we toured Hawktree, we got the items for my dress fitting, and despite my meltdown and anger with David’s Bridal (DON’T EVER GO THERE), Matt showed me again that he can handle things in a crisis and reminded me that it will be a beautiful day. While I was being showered, he served as the right hand man to my Dad. They did some tasks around the farm yard and then on Sunday, he learned how to rake. I am glad that he has enjoyed helping and is willing to, it’s such a part of where I come from that it feels like I’m sharing a bit of my past with him. I also told him that bonding to my father is being in the same field in different tractors, so it shouldn’t be taken lightly…ha!

Best meal: Spaghetti at my mother’s…with garlic bread, per Matt’s request, despite the fact that my dad thought that my mother was a liar.

MJR: I don’t think I can golf at your parents.
ALM: How many balls did you lose?
MJR: 4. In the ditch.
The next Monday
DMM: Where did Matt say he put those balls in the ditch?
ALM: I’m not sure, I’ll ask. ----- He says they are off the first bale.
DMM: What?! What a wimp, I was expecting much further.
In the background: MJR: I was using a short club.
ALM: He said it’s because he was using a short club, not a driver.
DMM: Likely story. He’ll haftah wait until Delzer’s rake to see if I can find anymore.
                    46 Days.

No comments:

Post a Comment