Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Stopping the Countdown?

I have a conundrum. Here I am counting down the wedding, a day at a time…hoping the weather chills for I know Matt wants a temperate day as to avoid blistering sun and tremendous puddles of sweat. And I’ve been hoping for that for him too, as I like to see him smile and want him happy. Then it happened, there I was sitting with my legs about in the fire place, with my hood up and tied while we experienced our first night camping for the season. We actually turned on the furnace in the camper and I realized this was summer…starting to freeze away from me. The closer we get to the wedding, the closer we get to winter! NO! Which means, jackets and shovels, and boots, and no more patio. TERRIBLE!


Aside from the chilly nights, it was a great trip. Matt was there for dive weekend and dive training with the volunteer fire department. We got there Thursday night in time to set up and have a few hot dogs. They dove both Friday and Saturday but we had some quality time on both those days after the dive. I did have other wives that were there with their families to hang with and a bridesmaid was also staying just down the street from us, and I even got to clean up the camper and organize a bit (my thoughts and the camper). Was a weird feeling to be away from the house and the majority of the wedding stuff….it was a force to not do any of it, and there was nothing that we could do about it. Matt and I also headed to Michele and Randy’s camp ground for a quick visit. Was good to see them! We are hoping we can get another pull in this year before the wedding and spend it with them. It was the first time that I got to really experience some of my Christmas gifts! Michele had given me solar powered pink flamingos and mom had given me battery operated ball lights, which can be set on a timer and flash. I put all those up on the camper. It looks beautiful. I think I need to a few other lights too…I was getting ideas from other campsites. I don’t think Matt was appreciative enough.

So the week was a blur up to the camping trip. Brendan stayed for the week too, so he was in and out. It was poor TonyDanza’s turn to go to the vet. I’d been watching his eye for the past week and a half and it was doing that mattery, watering thing, I assumed he got it scratched, so we ended up with drops for him. I’m not sure what scratched it, Nike or Lola. Both of them for different reasons. We also spent some time with our shower gift juicer. We juiced quite a few things…I’ve determined we can’t juice again until we make it to Sam’s Club to buy fruit at a great price versus in Dickinson. I was pleasantly surprised with what we came up with.

Best meal: t-bones with capris salad enjoyed in the camper. I so enjoy camper food.

MJR: I have a shopping list for you.
ALM: Oh?
MJR: Cucumbers, broccoli, beets, carrots, tomatoes, apples, pears, ginger, celery, grapes, kale, and spinach
ALM: Are you serious?
MJR: I found some juicing recipes.
ALM: Kale? Seriously?
MJR: Oh and parsley. I forgot to tell you that.
ALM: It’s a good thing you are cute when you are excited.

Wedding newsflash: IF YOU HAVEN’T GOTTEN YOUR DANG HOTEL ROOMS or YOU KNOW OF SOMEONE WHO HASN’T…NOW IS THE TIME TO QUIT THE PROCRASTINATION. The rooms are here today, gone on Thursday.

40 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment