Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Patio Life...Gone Crazy.

It seems that summer is slipping through my hands. I’ve enjoyed sandals, no jackets, grilling, and the patio. I love the patio. I love sitting on it with a drink and watching Matt cook. I love eating the food that Matt cooks. I tend to enjoy our Fridays as that’s our tradition…sitting in our chairs, eating, drinking, and talking about life. We have covered all sorts of topics from the wedding, to friends, to family, to future, to the house, to work, it seems that nothing is really off limits. We wait until it’s too dark to sit out there and I get cold and then we go in and probably go to bed. Who wouldn’t want that tradition?


Patio life got shaken up this week. There’s a big mess on my patio, from the mouth squirrel that’s decided that we put the bird feeder up just for him. We came home one day at lunch to this…



  And he gets the seeds and feed everywhere. The cats aren’t too sure. They keep an eye on his bushy tail business as he sits and chatters and digs around in the feeder.
We had a less than productive weekend. So many plans that kept getting in the way. First Matt had to take an unplanned trip to Montana to help a friend, but that didn’t stop me from getting my first bountiful basket with a friend. It was actually pretty exciting to see what you get and the quality of the items. We got the bread add-on and the tortilla add-on…I was super excited about the English muffin loaf! So good. It won’t last a week in our house, especially after having Egg Muffin Sandwiches. I’ll do another basket in 2 weeks to see what else I can get!

Other highlights of the week include using the finished master bathroom. The shower is a bit tight, but it's so beautiful to see the mirror, the trim, the vanity, the hardware. It's absolutely wonderful to have a room that we really made an impression on. I also received a beautiful package in the mail from my Maid of Honor, Tiffany. She sent the flowers for the wedding. When we had talked about them, I wasn't worried until she started telling me how worried she was about me liking them. I hung up the phone that night and told Matt, "What if I don't like them?" He didn't seem too worried and it's obvious he was aware of what Tiffany would/could do...they were better than I could have imagined. They were absolutely wonderful and made me a bit more excited for the wedding to come quicker!
Matt did take me out to the new Japanense restaurant in Dickinson, Sakura. It was very good. Prices were higher than we were hoping but product was great, service was spot on, and I found a new roll I really liked called river tuna. It had tuna and salmon and avocado. I could tell we hadn’t had Chinese/sushi for awhile as I was a little rusty with the chopsticks. We ended the night with martini’s and a walk home in the rain, under the star!

Best meal: Walleye that we had been gifted by Michele and Randy that Matt grilled camping style, with steamed carrots and rice served with a white merlot that I had gotten from a winery that we sampled when we were in California.

MJR: I'm hungry
ALM: Go look in the kitchen.
MJR: Oh...what is this.....UGH ..ACK....PYUCK....it's Scentsy.
ALM: You shouldn't eat Scentsy.
MJR: Why would you keep the Scentsy in a little dish right beside the fruit bowl!
ALM: I assumed you had seen enough Scentsy in the past to know what it looks like when it's not melted.
MJR: (spitting)
ALM: I also assumed you'd recognized the dish from the Scentsy warmer that's been in the bedroom for 3 years.
MJR: (spitting)
MJR: Tastes like Business Casual?
ALM: Wrong...Serene Green.
                                32 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment