Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Fittings and Farming.

I had my final dress fitting, we got the decorations mostly done, my wedding band is in, cakes ordered, we got quite a few RSVP’s back, the bach and bachelorette parties are planned and the nerves are a little high…we are getting closer. These next couple weekends are going to seem a bit scattered, I need to organize my lists and get down to the nitty gritty. My mother and I with the reinforcement of Alaina and Matt took on the binding of the programs. I keep thinking of these little details and I’m happy to announce that sooo far I really haven’t had any wedding dreams. I probably should shut my mouth about that one… Now I’ll have 26 nights straight of illfitting dresses, missing groomsmen, missing grooms, and other scary things that my mind has yet to cook up.

I really have not planned on becoming crazy; that was never my intention. I do know that I’m a bit particular but I’d like to think I’m self-reliant and laid back….I’ve also determined that this wedding makes me want to pull my hair out. There are so many cogs that are all going at once and we’ve had a year to plan, but really you can’t do constant planning. You have this rush of planning after month 1 and then you have 8 months of sitting around and reading blogs and thinking (which is the dangerous part) and then you have 2 months of crazy, especially as the last month you can’t order anything online as you can’t trust that it will be here in time…and then issues pop up and pretty soon I remind myself that Matt convinced me that this wedding was a great opportunity to be surrounded by those that we love and support us and that this will be one of the few times we can show the world our relationship and love. I think Scotland would have been okay. We would have been surrounded by sheep and moors and highland cows but I would have missed so much wonderful family by eloping. In the long run I know I’ll be glad we didn’t elope, but there are days when I know it would have been easier. I’m not sure who’s counting the days down more…Matt or I…and what’s the number one reason for the countdown, ha. Not funny. Okay kinda funny.

Best meal of the week: I made chicken bruschetta. Matt grilled the chicken and I made the toppings for him to add on and then I also made a homemade Caesar salad. Such a good meal.

ALM: How was your day?
MJR: Good. We prepped the combine.
Prepped the header
Moved the combine
Combined
Drove the truck
Filled the truck.
Unloaded the truck
Pulled out a starter in a truck.
Rebuilt and put in a new starter in the truck.
Drove the truck again.
Combined again.
Quit combining and now I’m drinking a beer. It was a good day.

Big news in a small town (in case you missed it):
Dickinson Press

26 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment