Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

May: Waiting and Hoping and Counting.


May has arrived. Which means a couple things, we are about 125 days out from the wedding day, we finally have some decent weather with some beautiful sunshine, we are 33 days from Shantelle and Rick’s wedding, and we are finding out more our “housing” situation.

Wedding update: We have a majority of our wedding party asked. We both need to make a few phone calls to a few special people but we have bridesmaids, groomsmen, ushers, and host couples. I’m starting to build out timelines and starting to figure out where we are at. I have some projects that we’ll need to start soon but haven’t been able to get to them until the housing situation is worked out. I’ve begun to send Matt weekly to-do lists. He may not yet be aware that these are weekly. I actually went through Shantelle’s to-do/what’s left list with her for her wedding, which is June 8 and my stomach butterflies started going! I can’t imagine how it’s going to be for me when I start getting closer. I need to start getting organized. I’m amazed at what Shantelle is taking on on her own. She’s creating her center pieces, her favors, and her own cake, all 16 layers. HOLY COW! I admit I may be able to do some of those…but not all, and to think, I consider myself pretty crafty.

Housing update: We’ve gone through all the pre-stuff, we got our appraisal, we got our offer with accepted addendums, we have made it through underwriting almost scotch-free, and we get to keep on rolling. We aren’t a FOR-SURE deal, but we are still moving forward, which is a great feeling as we continue to pack things up and plan to move. I realized that we really are putting all our eggs in one basket when I began to look at the labeled boxes and I’m labeling them for the condo (Master, Den, Office, Secondary Bedroom) and if it this doesn’t work we’ll really need a good plan b, or d, or f? I did find out that they are doing a carpet cleaning this week, so I think the sellers are just as ready as we are to get them out and us in.

I think the kitties are actually okay with the moving because we’ve put the bed up against the wall and now the girls (Nik and Lola) will crawl up the boxes onto the mattress so they can look out the window all day and have a comfy spot to sleep on. What’s ironic is they still aren’t getting along the best but when they are on top of the mattress they seem to have a bond/peace treaty in place. I look forward to the new house so that they can spread out a bit and have their own space, that will mean more cleaning on my end and Nike is so hard to keep up with because her hobbies seem to include rolling in the dirt and her pet peeves are baths and brushings.

Best meal: Friday night we had a unplanned date night. Matt made ribs for me, which is always a winner. We then went to the golfing range and shot a couple buckets of balls. We ended the night with a visit to CherryBerry. What a great night together.

ALM: What are you thinking about?
MJR: Worried.
ALM: About what? The house? The wedding? The jet service?
MJR: My golf game.
ALM: Serious? You aren’t supposed to get goofy/crazy about that yet!
MJR: You started this! You suggested that we go to the range.
ALM: That’s because I thought you could handle it and wouldn’t get to be a weirdo.
MJR: A weirdo??
ALM: Yes, and you better not break more stuff this year, otherwise we can’t afford to have you golf.

1 comment:

  1. Matt's still reeling from the beat down he took from his uncle last year. Of course he's worried about his gold game. BTW Mandy its "hit" a couple of buckets not shot.

    ReplyDelete