Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Fun for the WHOLE Family.

I love those weekends where you want to do it all over again. Matt and I headed to Bismarck for the weekend for a couple reasons but mostly family. We somehow managed to get both our mom’s within a close vicinity for Mother’s Day, and I loved it. We got Michele and Randy there on the presence of work and their own curiosity, as we branded calves, 115 to be exact(ish). And I think everyone but me worked their tale off. Matt and Mom worked the back of the chute, Randy pushed them into the table, Dad and Wade worked the table, and Michele kept Dad supplied with tags and shots.

On Sunday, we took things a bit slower, we had a leisurely morning with our mothers before everybody going separate ways. Mom and Alaina headed into town to see Grandma, Michele and Randy packed the camper up and went back home, Dad went out to the field, and Matt and I headed into town run some errands in Bismarck. I was proud of Matt for his continued interest and involvement in the farm. It’s nice that he also wants to share it with his parents. It’s such a big piece of who I am and the basic of where I came from that if he didn’t accept or enjoy it, I don’t know if Matt and I would be where we are at today.

On the home front, we keep working through the loan process. We went into final underwriting on Monday after getting a condo clearance that morning. Matt says we aren’t official until we get a clear-to-close but I’m feeling much better and more secure. We are picking out paint samples, getting quotes on painting and flooring, and making plans. It feels good to have a goal and we should know something by the end of the week. If we need to have a plan B, we’ll figure it out then. I hope we don’t have to figure it out then.

I think we are both ready to get a bit more organized and more unpacked. Matt got upset last night because I packed the strainer and he couldn’t make hot dogs. I got upset at 4:00 in the morning as I couldn’t find the box marked medicine and drugs, I needed an aspirin.

We are also planning our first big DIY project…the master bath. We want to almost gut it and then tile the shower, painting, new flooring, and so on. We went and priced things at Lowe’s and had the big discussions as to how we want it to look and the things that we wanted to see. All in all, I was happy with what we chose but am a little nervous to get started. I’m an antsy to start ripping wall paper off the walls though, the sooner we get all that stuff off the better we are!

Matt and I did get our first round of golf in. We tried to get into South Heart but wouldn’t make it in time, so we took in the New Salem golf course, which is the base of the Salem Sue Butte. We were actually pretty happy with how we did. I didn’t lose a ball, I just decided that I wasn’t going to walk over to the last hole to get it, stupid driver, I don’t know why I even try. The course was pretty empty so we didn’t feel too pressured. I even had a par on a 4par hole, I haven’t ever done that, so I was pretty happy with myself.

Best meal: I love when Randy makes me Pizza and then to top it off, Michele brought sushi. Seriously. Can a girl get so lucky and it was good sushi and good pizza. I could eat that meal every weekend.

PM: Do I have smart phone?
DMM: No.
PM: Yeah, it’s a dumb phone. It tries to guess who I’m calling. I put 4 in and it thinks it’s Gary, then 0 and it thinks it’s George, and then another 0 and then it doesn’t guess anymore, it’s must have figured it out! Who uses this?
ALM: I do.
PM: And this voice activation thing, what is this?! Call 255-7525!
PM’s phone: Did you say 258-7568?
PM: Nope!
PM’s phone: Did you say 255-9605?
PM: Nope!
PM’s phone: Did you say 222-7356?
PM: No!

No comments:

Post a Comment