Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Home Run!

So it’s official….

After viewing 40 houses ranging in price from 180,000 to 340,000, putting in 3 offers (2 were rejected), talking with 3 banks, and stressing out since April 10th, we have good news. On April 22 at 2:00, we will officially close on the condo. We’ve been holding our breath for the past couple weeks as we’ve argued with condo associations, gathered up requested docs and letters, and had many visits about options. It feels so good to have everything in the right direction right now.

Matt’s been under a ton of stress with the housing situation, the jet service, the remodeling/work being done at the airport, the short staff situation which has been causing him to work more hours, and let’s not mention the wedding. I didn’t realize how deep it had gotten for him until he started talking about ticket counters, people’s responses, and locations in his sleep last night. I actually woke up and asked him what he was talking about, he didn’t answer back. It feels good that one section of our life has a bit more clarity, even though it will require more work, we will be in a better place with our living situation. Maybe one weight off his shoulders.

The second best news, the neighbors moved out. Living under those “people” has been agonizing. They moved out over the weekend while they were gone. They left things better than I expected but still on par with their yard-takingover, dog-crapping, kid-screaming, baby-crying, driveway-hogging, loud-sleeping, guitar-bandplaying, cold-showergiving ways. Good Riddance!

Best Meal: I had chicken sandwiches from Schwan’s in the freezer and with some lettuce, tomato, and cheese, they really hit the spot, kind of surprised me! Maybe it was the fresh buns that I got from the grocery store in Richardton. (Not exactly Randy’s Pizza/Michele’s Sushi/My Mom’s sloppy jo’s but it’s mid week, this may be as good as it gets)

ALM: I really think I want the yellow stand mixer for the kitchen.
MJR: I thought we put the silver on the registry.
ALM: We did, we do. It’s just the yellow one looks so happy.
MJR: Have you been going into our registry without me and editing.
ALM (nods): I can’t help it.

114 days

No comments:

Post a Comment