Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Girl's/Girls' Weekend!

Sometimes it’s amazing how fast a weekend can go. This past weekend was the last weekend of calm before Shantelle’s wedding. It was a great time to spend with her too and made me wonder why we don’t do that more often.

The weekend started off with a trip to Bismarck to pick up her dress. It’s a beautiful lace dress with a small bustle that fits her and her personality so well. I love that she did lace as it’s her middle name, so it all ties together. The dress fits her like a glove. Seeing her ready with dress ready makes me get the butterflies and anxious for our day.

From David’s Bridal, which she feels the same way about that place that I do, we went to Johnny Carino’s for dinner and a drink. But the highlight of the night was drinks at Peacock. I love their martini’s and I love when someone else enjoys a French Martini with me. It was great to sit at the bar enjoy a couple martinis and talk over plans. The band had a great sound too, which is always a benefit.

From there we headed out to the MSR Bed and Breakfast where we enjoyed a final glass of wine and kept my mother up to wee hours of the night. The next morning, after some breakfast and conversation, Shantelle and I headed off to town to finish errands and final shopping, it was a relaxing midday, we had a slight plan, but nothing to serious. By early afternoon, we were back to Dickinson and I was fully prepping for her bachelorette/lingerie shower, and Matt even settled my nerves and helped out some, which was appreciated. The night went off with smiles and it was great to have the event, hear Shantelle stories, and play a few games. After dropping her off that night, I even got an “I love you.” I do believe her but think it may have been lemon-drop induced. Ha!

Sunday was a day for Matt and I for the most part. I laid in bed as long as possible and him and I even talked about upcoming plans (house and wedding) in between his work shifts. We even managed to go pick up paint supplies for the den, feels like this house thing is really starting to come together!

Best Meal: Shantelle’s bachelorette party was at Spaghetti Western and I enjoyed one of my favorite things there: Pecan Salad with gorgonzola cheese and apples.

Doing Laundry
ALM: Why don’t you presort? You see all these piles on the floor yet you still throw everything into the basket.
MJR: Well I didn’t know how you had these sorted.
ALM: Did you even look.
MJR (looking)
MJR: Won’t it be fun?
ALM: What (exasperated)!
MJR: When we do laundry at the new house, we can just upturn the basket at the top of the stairs and watch them fall all the way to the first floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment