Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Homeward Bound!

We did it.


WE CLOSED!

We are officially homeowners. My third, Matt’s first, and our first home together. It’s very exciting right now. We met at 2:00, signed papers, initialed out initials and got a set of keys. The excitement continued into the evening as the first thing that I did when I got to the house at 5:00 was grab a corner of the wallpaper and rip. It felt amazing. It felt more amazing to have a place. I know that we have work in front of us, but that rip (all the way to the ceiling) was the first step in that work.

Matt came after work and the ripping continued. We ripped and pulled and tore. We found more wallpaper under the wallpaper and more paint over wallpaper than we would’ve liked but we kept going until midnight.

Best meal: our first meal in the house was pineapple and pepperoni pizza. The ironic part is how it went down.

(on the phone)
ALM: What were you thinking for supper? Do you want to grab a hot and ready or Dominoe’s since it’s right down the street?
MJR: Yeah, let’s do Dominoes, we can call and get that taken care of.
(Goodbyes said)
Later on….
(on the phone)
Dominoe’s pizza guy: Carry-out or delivery?
ALM: Carry-out, I’ll have a pepperoni and pineapple pizza and are your breadsticks fluffy?
Dominoe’s pizza guy: I don’t think so.
ALM: Sounds good, just the pizza.
Dominoe’s pizza guy: Great, will be ready in 10 minutes
Later on…
MJR: Our pizza will be ready in just a few minutes.
ALM: Oh you stopped by?
MJR: Yeah, on my way over I ordered it.
ALM: I thought you wanted me to order it. What did you get?
MJR: A pepperoni and pineapple pizza with an order of breadsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment