Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Enemy: Thy Name is Wallpaper

Friday was an escape – we started at the house discussing with my parents our options. I think they knew I was feeling awful defeated “clearing” my 5 foot by 1 foot. We brainstormed a bit and I know Dad was concerned about us doing it right to ensure that we didn’t have to redo what we were sweat equity-ing it right now. We ran around town, everywhere from Lowe’s to Menard’s to my hair dresser, to the mall, to the seamstress and on and on. It was amazing all the items and supplies that we got for the house. We filled a full cart at Menards. I had forgotten how expensive home ownership was, and we haven’t even moved in yet.   

We did get a bit of wedding stuff done too. We went out to Hawktree Golf Course and met with the catering/event manager. It was great to sit down and go over what we wanted for both the ceremony and the rehearsal dinner. We have our menu planned and verified with hopes that we can get the twist that we want. We also relooked at the layout and determined where the vows will be and how people will come into the ceremony. Makes me excited to see it laid out a bit more. Overall, it was a great meeting.

Matt let me sleep a bit on the way home but when we got there we hit it hard again. Third night in a row that we’d been up to midnight. We worked on the glue, which thanks to the help and product of Gary, a family friend, we got the glue pieces up. Gross job.

Best meal: We had a late lunch of soup, salad, and breadsticks at Olive Garden. I love their soup and the service was great. Was perfect for the rainy day weather that we’d been dealing with all week.

MJR: (Looking around): We’ve got a lot of work to do.
ALM: (soaking a wall): I know.
MJR: I’m glad to be doing it with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment