Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Back to Boxes.

Well, it’s been a roller coaster April. Eviction, offer, refused offer, new offer, accepted, and it continues with the financing now. Basically what happens is they are looking at 2 aspects, Matt and I and then the condo. Our numbers have been approved but we are still waiting on the condo association, who hasn’t been as supportive and receptive of our efforts. They don’t seem to understand the urgency of items in an effort to keep on our timeline with the closing date. Which has been a great big ball of fun. We hope to have more affirmative answers by Tuesday. Fingers continue to be crossed.

Weather continues to also be a roller coaster. Matt and I recovered from the snow storm. In fact after this week’s highs, it’s hard to believe that 16 inches was blocking out front door last week. Here’s hoping for the continued moderate temps and sunshine.

Packings been a real ball of fun lately too. Neither one of us want to do it but I know it needs to be done. And I’ve been collecting boxes like it’s my job. Matt actually made me turn down some boxes on Saturday, he informed me that the house is a disaster and it needs to be taken care of before I can get more. Matt hasn’t packed for 6 years, which means he hasn’t really purged for 6 years. Packing with him is like cleaning a 5 year old’s room with him. He hasn’t seen some of this stuff in years so as we go to pack it he has to look at it, open it up, play with it and fully enjoy it again. We’ve reviewed dental x-rays, college papers, job reviews, childhood toys, and so on. My packing has become a bit jaded because every time I’ve moved, I’ve purged and I’ll let you review my moving schedule.
5-2011: Move to Bismarck to my parents,
9-2011: Moved to 20th Street,
5-2012: Moved to my brand new condo,
10-2012: Moved back to Dickinson to live with Matt.
6-2013: TBD

Last weekend we had Brendan, Claudia, and Jackson for a visit. I do have to admit that I was proud of Matt. Claudia wanted to do a bit of shopping and Matt said he was willing to watch Jackson for a bit, while I took her out. This was a big step considering that Matt broke a sweat last time that he held Jackson. Later that week, we got another visit from part of our bridal party. Tiffany was here for family/work and spent a night at our house. Was so glad, after the roller coaster ride, it was so great to have someone else in my court and have a girls talk. The only thing that I would have changed is her staying longer. But I think she was missed at home, because as soon as she did, she found herself engaged. Her and I’s talks while she was here made me think it was coming and I found it shocking that my favorite Miss Independent is ready for the big steps and I’m happy for her, she’s deserves it.

Matt headed off to Kansas City for a conference today. It was supposed to be yesterday but Great Lakes operated in their typical manner, leaving us to drive to Bismarck so he could catch the Delta flight at 5 in the morning. He’ll be back on Wednesday.

Best Meal: since we found ourselves in Bismarck, we decided to try out JL Beers for supper, which opened up right after I moved to Dickinson again. We were extremely happy with the results great burger, great atmosphere, and the beers brought smiles to both our faces. I even had a Porter, big step for me. When it was all said and done it was one of the cheapest meals that we’ve had in a long time, which was a double bonus quality and cost! We recommend for sure!

MJR: Where are you?
ALM: I’m in here packing?
MJR: Honey, come here we’ll talk about plans.
ALM: You come in here, we already took a break from packing.
MJR: Honey!
ALM: I’m doing something.
MJR: HONEY! Come in here!
ALM(under her breath): I’m going to come in there and punch you.
MJR: Honey…..
ALM: GRRRR
MJR: I thought you were coming in here to punch me?
ALM: No, I’m not now!

No comments:

Post a Comment