Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2009

March 1...and all is WELL! :)

I can’t believe it’s March 1st…This year is going by so fast!
This week some changes were made around the house…we put up curtains! I guess that means we are really moving in. As we get more settled in the house and Dickinson, I feel more and more comfortable with the move and the idea of living in Dickinson. There are certain things about the house that I do not like, like the carpet, bathroom, unfinished basement—but when we do little things like curtains or water in the fridge I realize that I love this house!


March is Women’s month. Yesterday was the first day of the Women’s Voices campaign that I’m a part of at DSU. I asked Grandma Dar to be part of the “Career: Breaking Barriers” panel. Part of the panel is to bring pictures of their lives to share as part of a photo exhibit being displayed at Hawk’s Point, the senior citizen housing just off campus. Yesterday was a social that opened the exhibit up and I was excited to see the pictures that were chosen and how wonderful they looked. Grandma is coming to visit on Tuesday and is staying over night. Another event going on is a lecture/book reading from Debra Marquart. She is originally from Lawrence Welk-country. I’ve been reading her memoirs and it is one of the autobiographical that I’ve read that has really inspired me and I identified with.



The only concern that I have right now is the kitties. The have moved from hissing to play to playing too ruff. I think Lola scratched TonyDanza’s eye. It has gotten uggy filled and will have to take him to the vet this week. He will be going to the same place that Lola was just at on Friday because she’s eating her declaw scares! The vet is going to start wondering if Dan and I are competent pet owners.

Dan, Jack, Kim, and I went and saw Gran Torino, the new Clint Eastwood film....ON the DanandAmanda Movie scale...it receives a ***** (Count 'em, 5 stars)! I suggest this one for my father...it's right up his alley!

No comments:

Post a Comment