Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mom and the "F" word and Farmer Dan

What a weekend! Mom’s big FIFTY-ith party was this past weekend. This was the first time I had been home in the new year, it felt like it had been for-e-ver! Her Party was so much fun and it was good to see the family that showed up. She was the best looking one there, HANDS DOWN! I want to thank everyone that came and brought something and helped eat the ice cream cake!


I can’t believe the snow that they have gotten and the amount of twins that they’ve had this year! EIGHT SETS…what does that mean, how can they have sooo many fertile Myrtles! Dan and I put on boots and trenched through the snow and muck to take a couple of calves to the top of “the hill”—the place where all the good calves go! This was Dan’s first ‘hands-on” experience with the calvies.
Mom and Dan even had a race to see who of the two would get their stubborn calf to the top of the hill. I’m proud to say that Dan won and ashamed that even though Mom comes with the experience…she lost!



More Pictures to Come!!

2 comments:

  1. wow...
    that's looks fun! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it is a mere one week later and the a lot of the snow has turned MUD!!! The drift that the cow is standing on behind Amanda and I is now a very pretty waterfall. I can't say I have ever seen the pasture like this. Dad was going to drive over the "waterfall" to check the drinker and he just about went down the waterfall. I wish I had had my camera. Mr. Smarty pants dropped the front wheel of the 4-wheeler into the ice and I had to help him shift it into reverse to get out! Ha! It was great! Thought you would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete