Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hooray for Visitors!

This week we had visitors! Hooray! We started out the week with my sister Alaina. She and I drove back from Bismarck on Sunday and had Heather, a friend that is part of our “couple group”, came over and gave us Mary Kay makeovers and tips. Heather showed Alaina and I eye make up tricks. Alaina’s make up looked great. I’m excited to see how she does it the next time that we’re together. We took her to Sanford’s, which is Dan and I’s favorite Dickinson restaurant, BECAUSE of the enormous burgers. Dan is also addicted to the sweet potato fries, which Alaina and him both thoroughly enjoyed…I can’t imagine how many weight watcher points they would be!!

We ended the week with Dan’s mom and stepdad—Nancy and Larry. It was nice to show off the house, Larry hadn’t seen it yet and the last time Nancy had seen it, it was cardboard box central! We took them to Badland’s Brew (the site of my first supermodel photo shoot) and to Bogie’s diner. When we got home, they proceeded to school us in pinochle multiple times. I think Dan and I were just being good hosts!
Nancy surprised us by saying that she wanted to give us a dishwasher as our housewarming gift, we are excited to start shopping for that!! We just need for the construction to start and to figure out how water would work….I am hoping to have Mom and Dad come out after seeding for Dad to ‘advise’ us!

Last night was also the Twilight party, where we had a showing of the pop-culture phenomenon movie. TALK ABOUT DISAPPOINTED! They lost major parts of the book and the acting was not there, it frustrated Dan, who has read the book. Why are movies NEVER as good as the books?? On the DanandAmanda movie scale...it receives a one--just because the thought is what counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment