Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lola, TonyDanza, Gumbo, Water, YP, Women's Voices



The Pets: Well we have been adjusting to our larger family. Lola and TonyDanza are getting along better…there is a lot less hissing and staring! They are playing back and forth but still a little unsure of each other!

Dickinson Activities: Last night, Dan and I went to the API Gumbo Cook-off. It was something that neither one of us had ever experienced. The amount of people that were there was amazing, we meet Kim and Jack there and tried as many gumbo variations as we could. Some of the gumbos were so good with shrimp, chicken, and sausage and some were greasy or fishy! Ugh! Afterwards we went to Mavericks and watched an acoustic guitar player.

This week at the YP General Meeting, I was voted as recruitment officer of the YP group. I’m excited about the opportunities that are in front of me and hope to raise awareness and group numbers up by 100%. I have to brainstorm how I’m going to do this and make it a point to expose the possibilities in leadership that Dickinson has!

Home Improvements: Dan’s dad came and installed the waterline for our fridge. We have ICE CUBES! Hooray! He also brought our bathroom shower fixture, I can’t wait to get it out of the box and on the wall!

Next week: Tomorrow is the YP Chili Cook-off. It’s the first big recruitment event that I’ve been a part of since we’ve moved to Dickinson. I’m hoping that Dan will be done at a decent time so that he can attend. Katie (BC Coordinator at the Strom Center) and I are cooking chili, I’m not expecting to take the chili trophy home. On Saturday, I’m planning on attending the Women’s Voices Tea and photo exhibit, which celebrates women who broke career barriers. They will later be featured on a panel on March 3rd, with the youngest panel member being my grandmother; I’m excited to see the inspiration of the session.

No comments:

Post a Comment