Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl, Legislature, and Kenmore!

Today was Super Bowl. Dan is not happy with the results. He was hoping for the Cardinals to take the game and not get ripped off on the last play of the game. Kim, Jack, Lenny, and Miranda came over for the game. We had chicken poppers, Swedish meatballs, snack mix, chicken tortilla soup, vegetable tray, spinach dip, cheese ball, and Dan’s homemade apple pie. I was disappointed in “the Boss” at the half time show. Ugh what was he (and the rest of the E street band) thinking? He should have started with “Glory Days” and ended with “Born in the USA”.

Dan and I made a quick trip to Bismarck on Friday. I (and Lenny) had a booth at the capitol for Rural Development Day where we represented SW ND and the Strom Center. I have not seen part of the capitol or the legislative session since I was in grade school. I sat in on a session and am impressed with the possibility of the process. The class from Williston, that is actively seeking a new law that won’t allow adults to smoke in a vehicle with kids, is inspiring. I like that they are playing active roles in the leadership and future of the state. The worst thing I saw on Friday was at our booth, a man had stopped to talk and ask about the Strom Center. He picked up Lenny’s business card and put it in his mouth. He apologized because he had a nut in this tooth that needed to come out! I couldn’t believe this—what a shmuck! And to think…this person has some political power! Scary!

Dan and I are excited for our fridge to come on Friday. We bought a Kenmore side by side with water and ice in the door from Sears. We are excited to have more room and ice. Jack is bringing it over the fridge home once it comes in on Friday! We are looking forward to Deb and Dan coming out at the end of February to put the water works together and share our plans for the bathroom with them. We are thinking to take them out to the Gumbo cook-off, which I heard is a big deal in Dickinson.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys had a fun time! I even watched the game with my eyes open (most of the time - ha!)

    ReplyDelete