Pages

Monday, May 7, 2018

Tacos and Two


So after a few months of planning... yes I start months ahead, I hate the last minute rush and I like thoughtful planning, we had Eleanor's second birthday party. It was pretty small - friends and close family. That was the most important part, the second most important part was the theme! It was a Taco TWOsday party!!



There are a couple of moments during the party that I will never forget... the first was the gift that came from the grandparents and Matt and I. We all chipped in and bought her a playhouse complete with interior kitchen grill and sink. Now we had wanted to wait to unveil the house after gift opening but while trying to convince her to play in the bounce house (which we were lucky enough to have borrowed from a co-worker) she suddenly calls out with astonishment... "HOUSE!" and points to the house that has came uncovered from the slight breeze. She was so excited.. and as she should be as Matt with the help of his parents built the night before. Unlike the Christmas kitchen, this took a bit longer coming in at 3.5 hours.
My other favorite moment was specific to the bounce house. I had unplugged it because the kids hadn't seemed too interested in it with the house and toys and whatnot. It quickly deflated. Suddenly I hear.. "OH NO!!!" come from Oliver and Eleanor. I quickly plugged it back in and the look of shock and amazement with their little mouths and faces was the best reaction! Oliver was a bright spot for her day... they played so well together. Not just the day of the party but was very interested in playing, talking and whatnot the night before as they invited us to come out for a swim at the hotel pool.

The party had walking tacos and I made the cake... it was a good cake but it was not pretty. I better step up my game if I plan to do a couple of these each year. It was a Peppa themed birthday party... she got a Peppa flower box, a peppa bird house, peppa shirts, peppa toys... peppa books... and she loved it all. She also got a wagon/rider and a trike. The touching gift came from Janice... who gave her a dog figurine from 1945.. Sugar. I look forward to telling her the story someday.

She played and played and played... made me happy to see her surrounded by people she loved and lighting up their world.

No comments:

Post a Comment