Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2015

PA: How to determine who makes the best cheesestake

I've never had those romantic scenes in airports where people run to each other and hug and whatnot. Mostly because TSA's security checkpoints have made it impossible. Well, Thursday morning I had my romantic reunion. Matt had been in Seattle all week and instead of coming home and us getting on another plane, we decided that I would meet him in Minneapolis and we would get on the plane to Philly together. 

I had to get up at 3:00am to ensure I made my morning flight but there we were at 6:30 after not seeing each other for a couple days and Matt taking the redeye flight hugging in the gate to get on our next flight with minutes to spare.
The only great things about the flight was sitting in the exit row and getting off the flight into Philly. We got off, grabbed our rental car and immediately headed down to get a cheese stake. We decided to do a cross comparison, especially since the famous locations are basically across the street from each others. Matt's comparison was very fair as he had the same thing. I changed my selections between Pat's and Geno's.
Results: Matt liked Geno's better but I liked Pat's better because the whiz wasn't so rich. A divided house.

We finished up, got on the road and headed to Nicholson to see Judy. Was interesting to see the countryside and all the trees that Michele had grown up in. While we both prefer ND's open landscape, we can appreciate the trees, green, and mountains that we drove through. Even the tunnel.

We got to Judy's in good time and met Liam for the first time. Saw the grand tour including the creek, where rocks were thrown and skipped into. Was so peaceful and was such a great fit for Judy and Chris. 

For supper we had Fratelli's Pizza and Pasta House: Matt and I split the Sicilian pizza and a baked ziti. Grandpa Dave and his date had texas weiners and chips with a slice of pizza. Chris and Liam split chicken strips. Judy had a pasta with white clam sauce. The best part of this meal was the company.

Afterwards we went back for more conversation. Was good to see family. 

ALR: I've done some research on how to order properly. I read an article. 
MJR: Oh?
ALR: It should be concise. First you say the number. Then what type of cheese. Then "wit or witout" to signify if you'd like onions or not. 
MJR: So what are you ordering?
ALR: One provolone wit.
MJR: What am I ordering?
ALR: One Whiz witout. 
ALR gives MJR smiling face of accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment