Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2015

MN: How to watch the Twins win...

Take me out to the ballgame...the Twin's game!

I have decided one of my favorite summertime things is baseball games. The energy, the perfect grass, the clean uniforms, and the food...it's all for a good time. The pace is perfect, it's so relaxed. I've accepted the Cubs as my favorite team for no other reason than everyone loves an underdog and my husband has some history. Don't get me wrong, I'm not pulling them up and watching games on TV or checking the scores, but if someone gave me a choice, I'd go and yell for the Cubbies.
But when in Minneapolis, you cheer for the Twins. That's what we did. That and enjoy a hot dog, a limearita, and the scenary. Was a good game against the Red Sox, who we also saw at Wrigley field a couple years back. Second inning was the best and the final score was 7-2.
 After the game, we grabbed the boat, said goodbye to Allison and Colbie and took off back home. Was a long drive back and we made it shortly before midnight. 

Not a bad way to spend a Memorial Day. Especially with the tribute that Target field paid to the veterans.
All in all it was a great trip! The best part was seeing John and Allison. It was the first chance I've really had to get to know them and realize how alike we are as couples. Our only regret is that they are moving so far away and not to Bismarck! We'll probably have an LAX trip in the coming year or so to see their new digs then.

Best meal at the ball park: hot dogs, with mustard and relish. 

ALR: Let's take a selfie with the Target field sign.
MJR: Okay.

ALR: Are you smiling?
MJR: Yes.

ALR: Okay, I think I have 4 or so, some things gotta work from there.
MJR: Did you get the sign in the background?
ALR: I have no clue.


No comments:

Post a Comment