Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

More than CoWorkers

Here's the deal. I know this blog does not have a huge fanship. I'm okay with that because this really is a quality versus quantity situation. And while I enjoy my life and our ongoing activities and letting everyone see "behind the curtain" of our daily ongoings and marriage, I know that it's not rivoting for all involved. So those that think it isn't....screw you and don't read. Anyway, on to my point. I am posting this letter to the women that I work with as I know they have become part of the loyal fanbase, further proving quality over quantity to its finest.
 
Dear Women of my Office:
I love you...yes, you've been there in so many places of my life and have seen some high highs and some lows which may have included tears and a bit of heartache. You've been there at my wedding and listened to my stories. I know you've had and may still offer prayers and when all things considered I couldn't think of any greater people to spend 8 hours of the day with. You've accepted me for who I am brassy, bullheaded, opinionated, and dry-humored. You've been there to offer insight, advice, and moral support. I don't know how I could have done the job without you there with me. Actually I do know what I would have done...quit. Ha!
 
Aimee, you moron, I appreciate your sassypants attitude and laughs. If it weren't for you and our talks, who would I vent to? Who would I message? Who would appreciate burps? WHO WOULD UNDERSTAND MY FRUSTRATIONS!! You want to know things still and I have a feeling (even though you don't have facebook) that you will. My only problem is you need to keep your blog up....you've been slacking!! Thank you for sharing sodas, coffee runs, and rolled eyes!
 
Chantel, your stories and laughs have always been appreciated. I will miss hearing your "WHAAAAAAAATTT?" from my office and the snickers on our message conversations. Keep an eye out for your scruffy men and beards too! I know you are jealous that I'm moving out of oil country but I know your day will come.
 
Jackie, I will miss you watching out for me and giving me crap. You are one of the most giving people I know and I appreciate that you've shared parts of your life with me. I look forward to seeing your hair up and look forward to attempting your rhubard pie recipe. Was glad you were there when I walked down the aisle, was even more glad that's all working out, HA! Thank you for your kindness.
 
Finally, Mary, you took a chance on me and I've never more glad that I reached out to you when I did find out that I was moving back. It was serendipitous that you did have an opening and glad that I fit some of what you were looking for. Your big-sisterly ear, tough love, and open door is something that I've not yet seen in manager and I've enjoyed working for and with you. Keep your head up when things get tough and I hope you aren't too jealous that I'll be spending my summer with a red riccar.
 
You ladies will not be forgotten nor easily replaced in any way. I will remember the quick conversations, the comparing notes, the rolled eyes, the day to day interactions and treasure the impact you've made on my life.
 
Thank you for being you.
Thank heaven we'll always continue to have messenger.
 
ALR

No comments:

Post a Comment