Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Moving More.

ALR: You know what? I feel like we’ve been here too long.
MJR: Yeah, probably. You haven’t moved in a whole year.
ALR: Yeah, that’s what we need. A good move.
Said NO ALR Ever.

But we are.
Yes, after buying our house last year on May 23rd, we are already putting it back on the market and boxing all of our things up and moving. To Bismarck!
In January, Matt found out that there is going to be an opening in Bismarck at the airport. After a lot of long talks and thinking, we decided to apply. Bismarck had actually not been in our plan for longterm. He’s talked about Minot for a long time and recently we started considering Grand Forks if positions opened up there but Bismarck was a surprise.
Meanwhile, months later, I saw a position open up at the Department of Commerce. Based on the qualifications and the job description, which mirrored what I currently do at Job Service. Matt and I agreed that I’d apply and if he didn’t get the Bismarck position, I would retract my application.
Best laid plans.
Well a week after I applied. They called for an interview to be scheduled a week later. And not even a week later, I found out the job was mine. Meanwhile, all we’d known is Matt’s interview was done but Bismarck wouldn’t be done with interviews until mid-may. So there I sat with a job and not a clue if I could accept. Matt got the call on Tuesday day. And accepted on Wednesday.
The only problem is I’m starting my job on June 2. Matt won’t be starting until June 16th. That means that he will have two weeks there without me. To pack. Alone. I think I’m requesting reinforcement and back up with Michele!
It’s exciting, overwhelming, scary, daunting, and the unknown of the coming months is a bit much….but I’m glad that my parents have agreed to let us stay there while we are transitioning. We’ll devise a plan for the cats, it’s one I won’t like but it’s only temporary.
I’m curious when it will all hit me. 
This would have been another good Mother's Day pic. To all those motherly figures in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment