Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Branding for Both Sides.

One of my favorite things about being married is that I can have a weekend where I get to spend it with both of our sets of parents and it's wonderful. AND when it's Mother's Day weekend, it's even better. I honestly know that both of our mothers could work Matt and I under the table and the proof I have is this past weekend.
 
We started the weekend on a bit of a scare as we had to stop at the clinic to be with Alaina who has been sick for the past couple weeks with a couple trips to the clinic and a trip to the ER. It was a bit concerning that an additional trip to the clinic resulted in worsening conditions. We did find out that it was the worst storm of separate things that when mixed had devastating results. She had a severe urinary infection with a prolong sinus infection combined with (in layman's terms) a slipped vertebrae. The nausea combined with the puking and the rundown behavior and the dehydration was not good. Was glad to see her condition improve from Friday when we first saw her to Saturday, which was the last time we saw her before we left.
Saturday was a busy day. We woke up, glad to see no rain and headed out to work calves. Last year we worked with 6 Mosers, 3 Remynses, and 1 Elwein. This year it was 4 Remynses and 2 Mosers. And it all went pretty well. Was impressed with how quick and smooth it went and was also impressed with the size and quality of the calves and how good they looked from the last time that we saw them. We saw a couple of ours and were pretty happy with how big our heifers were.

After calves and lunch, we divided powers and the men worked in the shop to get the air compressor in (and the floor sweep was amazing) and the women worked inside to get Mom's desk in/organized and started working to organize for the new addition to be added on to the house. After 27ish years on the place and talk of a garage, it's finally happening. In order to do that they have to use the "other" front door for awhile. So on Sunday, we swapped the pergola from one door to the other. Was so glad that we were there to help.

 
Below is a the picture of Mom and Dad parking in their garage. Looking forward to seeing it get underway and complete. Happy that they have got it to work but will be a big change!
Best meal: We ate pretty well this week, especially this weekend. Between the cheeseburger bake and the pork roast with spinach dip, and Matt's pizza and breadsticks..I have no complaints but I honestly think my favorite was breakfast on Mother's Day. Michele makes egg frittatas and she did 2 versions this time. One was a bacon, hashbrown, cheese and the other is one I've had before with cherries and peaches and goat cheese. I really do enjoy them and then you add juice, coffee, fruit, and cinnamon twists...it was a perfect breakfast. And the best part about the weekend is we got to take leftovers home!


 This picture made me laugh. I could come up with so many captions.
"Sorry, Michele, there's a leg length requirement to step into our house"
"Do you need a boost?"
"Yes, in this door, I'll follow you in."
"Can we jump?"

On the home note...I did get the bathroom painted and am just putting it back together. All the help I had in the process was a bit "overwhelming".
Laying in bed.
ALR: Say it.
MJR: What?
ALR: The S word.
MJR: I said "I shouldn't have said that"
ALR: Did your parents not teach you how to apologize. That's not apologizing.
MJR: What is it?
ALR: It's admitting that you did something wrong.
MJR: It's like "My bad". Isn't that an apology?
ALR: No, it's just owning what you did.
ALR knees MJR in the stomach
ALR: My bad.
MJR: Ouch.
ALR: Yeah I probably shouldn't have done that.
MJR: (Staring)
ALR: See, what I did there?
MJR: Yes I do.
ALR: Say it.
MJR: I'm sorry for what I said.
My dad who fights with technology and sometimes life has a birthday on Friday. There are few things from this day that I will never forget...how good he looked in the tux, that Matt helped him with it, that he put the arbor up when it was so goshawful hot, that he called the weather 6 months out, and that he made a special trip and took the arbor down the next morning in the rain.

1 comment:

  1. But my favorite quote for the weekend was when Matt said he didn't hear us he" was eating fruit!" hahahaha!! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete