Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

M is for Moving in May.

Well, the news has broke and reality is starting to sink in. We are moving. We are boxing everything up. We are living with my parents. We are getting a storage unit. We are saying goodbye to people who have been great parts of our lives. And I can handle everything else but that last one is tough.
This weekend was busy. And to make it more busy, we had Matt's friends, Brendan and Claudia with their little boy Jackson staying with us. I'm glad we are not packing a whole house with a little person because it was a lot with those two extra little hands who were very interested in "helping" and pushing buttons and dragging cords. He wasn't too sure about Matt and I, but I don't think I blame him. We're looking forward to when he grows out of his dramatics. The cats were interested and well behaved with everything going on. If Jackson wouldn't have been so insistent on making friends with Nike, it would have gone even smoother.
Bestie Kay and I picked up a Bountiful Basket and then hit up Menards to get going with the planting and potting season. We took Sissy along for the second half. When I got home, I put my plants in my planter and it looks so nice. Matt started working on the garage. We plan to haul these things over to the storage unit next weekend. Other areas that were packed up include the living room, the den, and the master bed. Not that these are finished, but each have a start. I also got stairs to the basement painted. I think I may be done with the paintbrushes in our house.

Matt had two fires that he participated in on Saturday. The first was on a loader tractor but the second was a local restaurant that he and I'd eaten at within the last month, Bogey's. It was known for it's old fashioned ice cream and burgers. It's unfortunate how bad the devastation was that Matt described to me. I loved their breadsticks.

This picture is not what you may think it is....TonyDanza got busted and got himself in trouble. He always knows when he is naughty and will run to avoid being in punished. Matt went after him and when he came downstairs, this is where he found him hiding. Matt couldn't even get after him because it was too funny.
Best meal: We did pizza and beer on Sunday night. It was nice and simple.
 
Talking on 2nd floor, ALR sits on rail
MJR: GET DOWN.
ALR: What? I'm just sitting.
MJR: You are going to fall and break your neck.
ALR: What if I do this? (leg over the edge with one foot still on floor)
MJR: Why you gotta?
ALR: Or this.
MJR: If you fall, I'm going to say I told you so.
ALR: OR this.
MJR: AHHHHHHHH.
ALR: Or this (slides down banister)
MJR: Just gotta push things.
My parents will celebrate 34 years of marriage on the 24th. I still get amazed at how they communicate while they work together. And I probably shouldn't smile when I can think back to all the times I've heard each other use the other's middle name and not to mention all the "Well, dear's" I've heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment