Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Goodbye, Hello.

Last week:
So I started saying goodbyes. It was actually the worst parade of goodbyes that I could think of. First it was arranged to have my first crew of ladies that I worked with at the Strom Center meet at an old regular place, "the hat". I started at the Strom Center in 2008 and we've continued to keep tabs on each other. There's been some changes with life; marriage, divorce, babies, moving, graduation, cancer, and more but it's amazing to be part of their lives. The picture even shows Little Ethan (who can't sit still) and the outfit that I bought him before I'd even seen him! Looked so good!
 
My next good bye was the Ladies Auxiliary for the Fire Department. I've really come to enjoy the group and the socialization. None of us are really at the same point in life...just married, married with one kid, married with 2, not married, married with older kids....but we all have the firefighter in our lives. And the best part is they all know Matt a bit more than the average person because of the department and camping, etc. They came over Wednesday night for an impromptu meeting where Matt cooked burgers, I made summer tomato salad and taco layer dip, with the help of an amazing assistant. Was a good time...made me a bit more sad.  
 
I also said goodbye to two ladies over lunches that have made such a huge impact on my life....Shantelle, I was her maid of honor and she's been a great ear and Sheri, who helped me through some rough times of my life. What a bummer. I did have a few weekend visitors including my favorite cat sitter, Landry (and Aimee) and Sissy and Kay. I didn't do well with their good byes either.
 
The stars of the weekend were our mothers. I can't believe how much we got back, organized, and moved. We managed to take another full load to Bismarck with their help and left the house in really good shape in time for it to go on the market on June 2. I was so glad Michele came and really helped us knock things out and adding my mother as reinforcement was even better, especially with my meltdowns.
 
This week I said hello to a few changes. I started at Commerce on June 2. There were a lot of hellos that day. I'll work on names as we continue to go and that sucks as they all know me but I don't know them. Yikes. But it'll come, right? It was nice to hear how glad everyone was that I was there.
 
Another big change, me, Lola, and TonyDanza moved into the basement of my parents home. Back into my old bedroom. Nike went up to Lansford to summer (and hopefully not fall and winter) with Randy and Michele. Matt stayed behind to take care of the house. I hate a broken home. 
 
After our last stay at the Moser Estate, it was determined that the cats, TonyDanza and Lola, should be separated from Toot, as TD is mean. So after much debate and rigging and a couple trips to Menards, we found some square lattice to corral the kitties to one side. We put it up and thought we were brilliant. It last for an hour and Lola found her way upstairs. After going downstairs, I determined how she did it. She climbed the lattice like a ladder and popped to the other side. I don't think I would have believed it if I hadn't had seen it. Dad got a big kick out of it.
 
Best meal: this one was a stuggle...no meal stands out terrible for me. I could say spaghetti to kick off my new location meals or chili dogs which was one of the last meals that I ate/made at my house. Actually, thinking about it, it was probably the burgers and meal that I had with auxiliary when I said good bye.
 
MJR: Well, I better get on the road and get back to Dickinson.
ALR: nods
MJR: (looks at all at table) See you in two weeks, roomies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment