Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

Nowerns and Nowheretogo

Well this past weekend I headed to Dickinson. I had a week of work under my belt and 5 days of living with my parents. In my old room. Again. Don't get me wrong....it's awesome that they are
willing to let us "squat" this summer but I have this weird dejavu feeling that we've been here before and I think all of us are hoping it will be the last time. Matt had a busy week as he was short handed at the airport, so when he had an opportunity to go fishing with the Ericksons, he jumped at it. They camped at Paterson and we had the opportunity to crash their camp site. It was like camping but better....no pulling, no on-off showers, no planning but I still got a camp fire and smores! And they were slaying them this weekend. Even limited out. They even caught a few extra fish to accompany their walleyes including some perch and a big fat norwern (as Chay puts it). We had a little fry up before supper and it was dang good!
 
While Matt was playing on the water I did some stuff around the condo. We had a slow week for showings...maybe 5 total. We did get an offer but all it did was get our hopes up for it to fall thru because of financing. We knew that this could be a problem and has been in the past for me. But was hoping it would be a bit easier this time around. We think we have it priced right and it's been my favorite house that we've been in yet. Fit us so well and I love the light and the floor plan. And my favorite part...the patio, which I haven't been able to fully enjoy yet this year. So I vacuumed and did laundry, straightened up, and finally cleaned up the yard a bit more. I wasn't alone though....Gary joined me. He's the gray cat from two doors down. I won't lie....it was nice to have a kitty at the house keeping me company. It was weird with all of them gone. Whenever I went to do things outside, Gary kept an eye on me.
This move has been harder on me than previous ones. I don't know if it's the house, the finality of leaving Dickinson, the unsurity of having our own place, the friends, the job that I had some confidence in or what...but I find myself feeling frustrated and sad with this move. I realized this past weekend that I won't get to see my peonies bloom and it was sad for me. We've put so much into this house, our first home as a married couple, and it's sad that no one has fallen for it the way we had.
 
On the work front....I made it thru my first week at Commerce. And on Thursday and Friday actually got to doing some work....hardly an orientation and got to forge ahead a bit on my own. I won't lie I'm struggling learning the 70 new co-worker's names. I have never been in an office this big and had such rapid fire of people. I hope to get to know people and projects a bit better as the summer progresses. So far so good. I will have my team welcome lunch next week.

Matt's final week is this week. He was pretty occupied last week with covering night shifts and getting the agenda done. His last agenda. He said he got his office cleaned out too....something that I thought he should do since day 1 of meeting him. But I know it's a bit surreal for him. He's really grown into his role and changed the airport in ways that he dreamed about when he was an intern. This week they have his open house for him and it makes me so sad that I won't be able to attend. I wish I could be there to see him and hear the appreciation and well wishes.

Best meal: We had some good ones this weekend...pork chops with greek seasoning, steaks with potatoes, garlic bread, and cookies, and Nardellos pizza. I think my favorite was the smores though with a fish appetizer.

MJR: Do you think the cats are going anywhere in the basement.
ALR: (sighs) yeah.
MJR: Where?
ALR: Back behind their boxes right now in the corner...I think some litter was spilt on the ground.
MJR: Hmmm...well at least it was on concrete.
ALR: Yeah, so mom came up with a plan. If you can't beat them, join them.
MJR: Your mom is peeing in the corner??
ALR: WHAT? No! She put a litter box back there and they are going in that box now!
MJR: I don't think you used that phrase correctly.

ALR: I think you are TOO literal!

Happy Father's Day. We are getting to spend it with both of our parents. We'll head up to Lansford on the weekend and celebrate up there and then celebrate with my dad next week.
So glad that I have BOTH of these men in my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment