Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Sorting Out, Sleeping In

We had a big weekend. It may not be to everyone else, but to Matt and I, it was a world of difference!

We unpacked, sorted, organized, shifted, and settled. We don’t have 9 million boxes in the living room, I think we are down to 3 boxes…and one is very scary and Matt’s using it as a foot stool, so I hate to take that away from him. We also put up some shelving, to help organize a bit. I unpacked my china cabinet. Matt made jerky. I seasoned pretzels. We slept in. We made breakfast, read the paper, made keurig’s. We made a trip to the camper and to the second hand store. It felt good to see things settle at bit.

We also had Brendan stay with us while he was in Dickinson for Guard Training. We took him down to “Ladies Night Out” in Downtown Dickinson. When I was at the college, I started the event from a blog idea that I found. It was a great event and one that I really took pride in while I was in that position. They are in their 4th year and have had quite a few shoppers each year, really bringing life back to the downtown area. We had supper at Bogey’s and then headed over to the Brickhouse for martini’s. I think the boys had a bit too much fun as Matt enjoys playing bartender when we got back home. I headed off to bed and those two stayed up to talk about boy things (guns, guns, and animals). I think 6am came a bit early for our house but at least everyone was moving and in good spirits, for the most part.

We did end the weekend with baths for all the cats. They all looked so sad and felt so sorry for themselves that they didn’t hiss or fight. They are getting better with each other. At different times they’ll try to play with each other, especially the girls, but it’s like they don’t know how to play or they are afraid that it’s not play and just delayed hissing. TonyDanza is still trying to hide under the bed, he’s getting pretty sneaky and Matt has to be on the top of his game, otherwise he’ll get under. I do laugh at his attempts each night. Sometimes he’s pretty relentless.

Big event of the week was that the condo sold on Nov 30. It’ll be great to save money now for the wedding and our future but I’ll miss that place.

Best Meal of the week: Ribeyes with cooked carrots and rice.

2 Broke Girls
Caroline: “Who’s the Boss?”
Max: “Tony Danza.”

No comments:

Post a Comment