Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

1:5

We started our Christmas season off in an amazing way with Randy and Michele. They came up on Friday night with a fully loaded pickup! We opened presents that night after having a great meal that Matt prepared of walleye, caught by Randy and Michele. Wow did we get spoiled! I don’t know what was my favorite, Matt’s tool box, my sewing machine, our Keurig, or my fancy flamingo lights, I’m not sure. It was all pretty wonderful. I need to grab my sewing stuff out of storage and I’m going to be good to go.

The next day, the boys went out hunting and us girls went and did some shopping after breakfast. They did more walking than shooting but that’s the risk you run this late in the season, all the birds are a little too skitterish. Michele and I had much better luck on our hunt! We finished the night right with a spread of food while we prepped for pizza and dessert. Randy’s pizza was amazing, he should give lessons!! He did his traditional style but then he took out the deep dish pan that we got him for Christmas. I stuffed myself way past uncomfortable! AND then to top it off, Michele played a bit with her Christmas presents and made crème brulee. Even writing this in retrospect, I’m getting hungry at the memory. She was worried that it wouldn’t taste very good but I could have had a gallon of what she made.
 
After sitting down, completely stuffed past the point of uncomfortable, I realized how lucky I am. Not only did I find this amazing man that I plan to marry but he came with an amazing family that makes me laugh and seems to like me! I couldn't have planned a better way to start the holiday season.

Best meal: yes, the fish was pretty good, but when you take that amazing, awe-inspiring pizza and combine it with Michele’s sinful crème brulee, it’s no longer a competition between the meals.

“mmmmmmm, don't let them take the leftovers” – ALM to MJR after the first bite of the beautiful pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment