Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

It’s official, winter is here. Snow has come down and had to be shoveled. Everything is white. If you’ve read the blog before, you know how I have felt about snow. And to be honest I thought I’d have minimal dealings with snow this year since the condo had a maintenance team on hand. Well, I’m back in Dickinson and I have the cutest maintenance team ever, it’s a one-man operation and he did a great job after the weekend.


It’s officially 15 days from Christmas and things have been a bit crazy. We haven’t bought the tree but we did write our lists, have been buying presents, and I’ve been doing some light baking. Christmas to me has always been about lists: who I’m getting gifts for and what they are getting, what I’d like, groceries, what I’m bringing to all the Christmases, and on and on. Last year I felt so robbed of Christmas but this year it’s actually feeling a bit more seasonal. I don’t know if it’s because of Matt and that we are together or what, it just feels like that time of year.

We also took in a holiday charity event this year. Because of a good friend, we got tickets to do to DSU’s Yuletime, which raises money for scholarships. It’s a more formal event, which always makes me nervous. Matt wore his black suit and got to bust out his gray peacoat, he looked so good. It wasn’t until I got home that I realized we only had the even picture taken, here’s hoping that turns out. The way the event works is you start off all together with a silent auction. Winners are announced and then people all go off to separate host homes in the community where you eat supper. After supper, the bus comes back to get you and you go back for the live auction and the dance. We got to partake in some red chili cupcakes, which had amazing frosting because of a couple that shared with us. I also thought Matt was going to strangle me when I bid on a Yankee baseball package. I figured if we could get the cubs/yanks tickets in New York, that would be two birds with one stone! We didn’t get it, and that’s okay. Made Matt’s heart rate raise a little. We did have a really good time and couldn’t believe the clock when we got home, 1:30! Don’t ask what we accomplished the day after tho! So much for being able to handle the party crowd!

TonyDanza has been making me laugh, he’s still trying to sneak under the bed on a daily basis. I think we are his buzz kill. I watched Matt crawl on the floor parallel to him and the bed so he couldn’t dive under. He had such a sad face of disappointment, almost want to let him scoot under just so he doesn’t look so disheartened!

Best meal: Yuletime meal of steak and buttered chicken, dirty rice, pitas, peas and asparagus. We went to Joe and Carlene’s house and they were amazing hosts completing the meal with Rum drinks and chocolate martinis.

“We make one good looking couple, if I do say so myself.” - MJR

1 comment:

  1. Seriously - you need to either get a camera or start using one. I want pictures!!!! - Love Mom

    ReplyDelete