Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fights, Flights, and Fall

What an end to a great week, I’m gearing up for a night out with the girls and I sent Matt off this morning to go play with boys and guns. The sun is shining and it’s a beauuutiful fall day. It’s days like this that I want to hold on to for cold Decembers and hard Februarys. Every day I breathe a sigh of relief that we do not have white stuff on the ground and realize that we are one day closer to that inevitable season. Is it awful of me that I am hoping we can bypass all that stuff and jump right into the spring?

Previous post update: Matt and I have come to a present-day agreement to the “dog” situation. We will get a big dog (with big poop and big barks) as long as I get to pick the color and the name. However, I’m not sure he understands the extent of this compromise because when I said that I’ve always wanted to name a dog WalterCronkite he vetoed it immediately. He said the dog won’t like that name, I said TonyDanza loves his name and it suits him well. So for the current time, fight over (regarding the dog, I’m still fighting the carryon bag of redundancy).

I’m getting very excited for our trip to Cabo in November. I’m not excited about cheating our Thanksgiving, but I get why we are making the sacrifice and I know we are only 30+ish days away from over a week of fun and sun. I’m starting to think of ideas and things I want to do/see. I want to scuba dive, Parasail, do yoga on the beach, swim in the ocean, eat paella, maybe do that surf board paddle thing, go to little random stores, and spend some time sightseeing. I know that list will grow but this is one of best parts about a trip….anticipation. The last trip I took abroad was to Guatemala, and this will be nothing like that one! I’m hoping to continue this pattern each year, the one where I use my passport!


“And that's the wonderful thing about travel: it provides you with experiences that will remain locked forever in the scar tissue of your mind.”—Dave Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment