Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Changing Seasons

It’s October and I’m ready for summer again! The weather is getting cold. I actually ran the heater in my car this weekend. UGH. I’m not ready for the winter and all the things that come with it.

Last weekend, it was beautiful! I was glad to be able to go with Mom and Grace and take in the Beer Run, Walk, or Crawl with the beautiful weather. This was a URL Radio event to benefit Designer Genes and Bismarck/Mandan Flood Victims. You walk to 2 stations, drink a beer, and return back. The best part is the strategy that we used to ensure that we did the BWRC in the best possible way. We crawled. We also consumed more beer. Met more people and had fun. We weren’t the only ones to realize the advantages in the slow and steady pace. We didn’t win the race by other’s standards but in our minds…we were champions!

This past weekend was also amazing. It was relaxing and fun. I went out to Dickinson and took in my first Firefighter’s Stag. It wasn’t what I expected…I think I was expecting a banquet with official ceremony but this was more of a casual event. They had 50:50 drawings and a meal that you helped yourself to and it ended with an auction. I am now the proud winner of a Dickinson Rural Fire Department sweatshirt blanket. And when I say winner, I won the bid! I was surprised at how much they auctioned off. I was glad that Matt’s parents were able to get out for a night and come visit! They were fun to sit with while Matt was “working the crowd”. They were proud winners too!

On Saturday and Sunday, Matt and I kept a pretty loose schedule. We got some stuff done around his house and got his pickup cleaned, I think my car may be a bit jealous! The Grand Prix did get some attention though, finally got my blinker fixed and new wiper blades installed. Just in time too as I drove home the whole way in the rain.

Saturday night was the highlight of the weekend! Matt took me to the Brickhouse to celebrate our biannual anniversary. I had amazing lobster ravioli and this sweet potato coconut soup, which I wish I could duplicate. We finished off the meal with crème Brule. Before meeting friends, he bartended me a Manhattan and we went out to meet friends for drinks. Yes, we stayed out late, which gave all the more reason to sleep in the next day!

The only thing that could have made the weekend better was warm, sunshiny temperatures! But we’ll have that in 44 days in Mexico! The countdown is on!

“How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days.”–John Burroughs

No comments:

Post a Comment