Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

They say it’s your Birthday!

Matt and I both have September birthdays so it was fun to celebrate each other.
For his, we met in Hebron. We ate pizza at the Pizza Pantry, which we were both pleasantly surprised by. The service was pretty good and the food was great. We then took a self-guided tour of the city, which included the Hebron Brick Factory, the trailer park, the historical society, and Fort Sauerkraut. We didn’t find the lake or pond that appears to be part of the Game and Fish. Maybe, a future trip.

I feel like my birthday got a better shake! Matt came to Bismarck and we had sushi, took a drive, and finished the night with drinks at East 40. I was brave and tried raw oysters, which he loves. He can have my share from now on. It was nice that he was able to come spend time with me during the middle of the week, that’s been the hardest thing about this long distance relationship, is the mid-week stuff that we’ve wanted to share. The next day was great too. I spent it with the family. Mom made potato soup and frybread and my cake was peach cobbler! I’m such a lucky girl. My family took such good care of me.

And it’s like my birthday celebration continued, because KK Bold sent some of us to the Hostfest for marketing purposes and to experience the festival as we prepare for their next year’s media and signage. I ate at En To Tre and had a Viking on a stick and had great company.

I did recover from some sickness which happened between Matt and my birthdays, not really sure what it was, but it sucked and had me on a z pack. I was also out of work for about 2 days, which sucked more. I’m just not a good sick person and I think the cats were a bit sick of me!

On the other end of the spectrum, the healthy end, I started taking a yoga class. The class was offered through BSC as a beginner’s class. I’m really enjoying it. I may even continue on after this class completes, we’ll see.

And to top off a great September, the weather has been amazing. I keep thinking that it’s the last day of beautiful, then the next day comes and it’s another beautiful day that could be the last day of beautiful, and then the next day comes and it’s beautiful. Here’s hoping for a long fall, a short winter, and an early spring.

“Good seasons start with good beginnings.”—Sparky Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment