Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

May 1 and All is Well!

I’m sitting in my mother’s kitchen watching my baby sister get make-up for her first prom. Seems like yesterday when she was wearing snowboots on the wrong feet in July just yesterday. She’s taken a friend as her boyfriend of the week isn’t able to attend. I know the dress will look gorgeous on her. I will post some pictures when I have them.

This past week has been a blur; I’ve been prepping for Guatemala. I leave on Sunday…as in tomorrow! I don’t know if I have enough things but we’ll see in a one! It’s the start of the rainy season, so we’ll have great temperatures, but it might rain everyday! Boo. We will talk with people that have been sex trafficked, homeless people, orphanages, poor people, our host family…and we’ll start the week off with the Mayan Ruins. Heee!

If you are interested in listening OR watching my Guatemala footage, listen to www.urlradio.net. Stacy and Nicole will be packing up their whole station and going international. I’m along for the ride, will help them out but they are running the show!

Stacy and Nicole are so good to me. Nicole does telegram’s for birthdays…so for Aunt Grace’s 29th, again, birthday…I had her celebrate with Grace at work…check out the video! Ha! Stacy also has been good to me…she’s looking out for me…I think! Stay tuned! Ha!

I also found out that I’m getting a roommate. She’s moving in while I’m out of the country. She’s got a little dachshund, Dudley….Lola and TonyDanza will have to make nice. I’m not worried about Lola!

I also received a huge compliment, one of our project consultant sent me a save the date invitation to talk at an expert partners gathering. They only invited 15 people and want my opinion. They will give me a stipend to travel and pay for my meals and lodging. I’ll spend 2 nights in Moline, Illinois, talking with other people. It felt so nice to receive this!

No comments:

Post a Comment