Pages

Monday, September 26, 2016

Succor (suhk-er)

We knew the day was coming..... daycare. Not I had mixed emotions as the start of daycare meant many things... 1. I had a bit of personal freedom. 2. My baby wouldn't be with me each day - meaning I could miss things as they happen. 3. My baby is growing up! And that last one made me want to be sad!
So Matt and I worked out our arrangement... he would drop her off, I would pick her up and we'll start slow, to wean us all in. Just Tuesday and Thursdays. The first day didn't go like I had planned as I wasn't able to pick her up, I was in Fargo for a meeting. But when I saw her daily digest, I was happy to see that she was a happy baby.

The first day was also Matt's birthday. So that night, we went out for dinner at Los Lunas. I appreciate that Matt's come a long way with Mexican food as he hasn't always liked it and I could easily live on it. 

That weekend was also the Downtowners' Streetfair... I love anything where they have crafts and food trucks. Mmmmmm! This was the first that Matt's been. We strolled some of the booths. I had a corn dog, he had rice pudding and Chinese, and we split a peanut butter/honey/choc. chip waffle. Eleanor slept.

This weekend was a time for me to slow down and prepare as I've been working toward my big project at work. I am the lead on organizing and coordinating a conference and this year with baby and maternity leave, I've been a bit in the weeds. And the conference seemed to be coming up fast. In personal preparation, I took some time and made the downstairs curtains, couch cover, and pillows for the sectional that we just got. I had a little helper who might not have added to the project much. 

I have come to enjoy the conference because it's a labor of love. There's planning that happens all year long and it all culminates into a large event. This year we had a new venue which added to the planning as we haven't worked out the bugs yet. In the end, we broke a record for our Bismarck event with 475 people and the reviews were mostly positive (80% upbeat).

Since we knew hours and days were going to be long, we called in the Grandma to assist with baby. I knew most days I would have to be at the event center at 6:00am, and probably stay until 6:00pm.
Last June, ALR: Michele, I was wondering if you'd be available to come help us out with Len during my conference.
Michele: Yes.

ALR: I haven't told you the dates yet.
Michele: Oh, is it in February?
ALR: No, it's...
Michele: Then I can do it.
ALR: Well it's September 20-22.
Michele: Yep, I'll write that in my book
ALR: Do you want to talk to Randy first?

Michele was awesome to have available. It was nice to have her at home and they enjoy each other. I did laugh when I got home Thursday afternoon after everything was over and I found them both sleeping in the den. Immediately after this picture, Michele woke up because I scared the crap out of her.

Other big news for the week includes Eric. He moved home from Mississippi. He moved in with us and on Monday, after 1 hour of looking got a job finishing concrete. I know this move will be an adjustment for him. He's used to bach'ing and now he's living with a family including a 4 month old baby and all her "stuff."

Best meal: The entire family went to Bruno's one night.... It was a great meal despite I was exhausted.

ALR: Have you talked to your mom today? Do you know how it's going?
MJR: Yes, I also told her that Len could go to daycare if she had some running around to do.

ALR: Oh, yeah, right. Like Grandma is going to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment