Pages

Friday, September 2, 2016

PA: Junket (juhn kit)

The next morning, we woke up... ready to soak up the last moments of Philly before heading out to Nicholson. While we slept comfortably in a king sized bed, we didn't have a crib for Len... So we improvised. She did pretty well with it actually.

After getting ready, we went down to the market for breakfast crepes (banana, pineapple, and honey) and I was determined to have a good pretzel. In the market, there was an Amish pretzel maker, you can't go wrong with the Amish cooking! I enjoyed one from Miller's Twist with honey mustard.
The last time I was in Philly, I went on the Big Bus tour of Philly with Jon and Kim. I had enjoyed it and Matt had wanted to participate so we the three of us headed to the top and went around the city. It was fun to see a bit more and learn even more.

After we ran the tour, we went back to the market for lunch. We split up and grabbed a few different items to try. We started with the Amish made rib sandwich - we had coleslaw and beans on the side. We followed that up with a cajun muffaletta sandwich and a cup of shrimp and crawfish etoufee. We finished the meal of with a cannoli to go.

It would have been great if we could have gotten out of town easily but do to traffic, we got behind schedule by 2 hours. We got to Judy's just as it was getting dusk.

Best meal: mmmmmm, that rib sandwich. If only I could have persuaded my Father-in-law to try it.

ALR and MJR waking up in hotel.
MJR: Good morning.
He leans over to kiss ALR
from drawer a angry growl is heard.
MJR: I'll come kiss you too!

On the way out of Philly, have been sitting at the same light for 20 minutes.
ALR: Oh, they talked about the detours and such on the bus tour.
MJR: What?
ALR: I think it's a concert.
MJR: Look up who's concert it is, who do we hate?
ALR begins to google.
ALR: Jay-z
MJR: Oh, good. I already hated him.

No comments:

Post a Comment