Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Perambulate (per-AM-byuh-leyt)

So here's the deal... this little girl has flown more before her birth than I have before I turned 21. Her trips include flights to Michigan, Nashville, and now Minneapolis. I will admit, for the most part, she's a decent traveler. Her Michigan flight had some ups and downs literally and her most recent trip to Minneapolis left her kicking and moving all afternoon but for the most part, I can't complain.

I had to go to the cities for a work trip, representing ND opportunities at local college job fairs. Similar to what I did in Nashville but a little different audience. I got in on Tuesday, got settled and went out for a bit. I had dinner at The Local - a vintage pub feel. As much as I wanted the fish and chips, I did go with something that was better for me and had tomato with melted cheddar soup and chicken pot pie. Was a good meal. The second night, I went out with the other recruiters from North Dakota - we went to a place called Crave (not like in St. Maarten), I had a chicken pesto flatbread and chips and guacamole.

Due to a bit too much activity, the next day after prepping the show, I had Pizza Luce. MMMMM. I enjoyed 1/2 the boss and saved the other half (fresh veggies) for breakfast the next day - I also grabbed a pint of izzy's PB and Yah ice cream. What? I need the calcium.

On the final day, I enjoyed Chick-fil-a in a nice cushie spot in the airport with a number 3. This was the start to a slow weekend. I had some pinching sciatic pain which left me on the couch. Matt's still going stir crazy as it's too nice to do winter activities but yet not spring yet. We've had an incredibly warm spring... hardly any snow on the ground.

Whenever I travel alone, I'm very easily reminded how much I like going places with my husband.

Name of the week: Vada
Cravings: milk, taco bell
Pregnancy Symptoms: breathlessness, return of sciatic pain. larger feet, mucus-y,

third trimester bump
ALR: We need a mobile.
MJR: A what?
ALR: The thing that hangs above the crib and can play music.
MJR: Why?
ALR stares.
MJR: What is the purpose?
ALR: Is this a real question or like when you actually thought we could put milk on a plate?
MJR: I don't get it, this is a real question.
ALR: It's for visual stimulation and soothing.
MJR: Oh. Okay.
ALR: I'm having trouble picking one out.
MJR: Well so many of these are completely unrealistic.
ALR stares.
MJR: Elephants don't fly. That's just ridiculous. We need to get one that is realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment