Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Languid (lang-gwid)

A slow weekend... so there may be a trend as we've been taking it easy the past couple weeks. It may also be because I'm small-condo sized and enjoy the homebody ways lately. This taking it easy has also been killing Matt who has cabin fever and travel fever. I get the travel fever, I want to go places too... after all we really don't have a trip on the books until this coming fall - we never go this long without some sort of plan. 

We started the weekend at my parents' house, catching up on our herd. Matt keeps track of the comings and goings and I came along for the company and supper. Saturday wasn't too exciting. We ran a few errands around town but mostly crashed with the cats. I tried to catch up on some sleep so I napped a bit. Matt and I ended up doing pretty well for dinner though. It's been nice enough to grill as the weather is still in the 20's, 30's, and 40's. I made popovers Matt grilled the chops and asparagus. Sunday was the Super Bowl. We didn't have anything else planned either. I ended up getting a little sick so I took it easy. We are nearing the end of the second trimester... which means that it's going to be an uphill battle from here on out! 3 months left but they'll be the hardest! I still have worries but I'm assuming that may never go away.

Best meal: Mom made me potato soup which is always a favorite in  my world. Matt's not a fan so she made him tacos. 

Name of the week: Aileen
Cravings: milk, skittles
Pregnancy symptoms: frequent trips to the bathroom, night sweats, increase in size, tight shoes (which could be a result of growing feet), lack of sleep, absentmindedness (mom-nesia), baby movements

MJR walks into kitchen: Is that my shirt?
ALR: Yes.
MJR stares back
ALR lamenting: I wanted to be comfortable!! All my t-shirts are getting snug and don't feel good!

MJR: It's fine, I just didn't know we were to that stage yet.
ALR: Well, I'm not tickled about it either. (looking pathetic)

No comments:

Post a Comment