Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

How to tell the first round of family...

We told two more people... much to the relief of my in-laws. We told Kevin while he was up for deer season and we called and let Judy know. Now my in-laws can finally talk about it with their respective siblings. Judy handled it much like my sister, there were some tears and some speechlessness. I also finally had to break down and start wearing maternity jeans. I've been squeezing into my regular clothes as long as possible because I don't want to buy a new wardrobe but after finally having some comfort and relief, I probably should have tried them on a week or two ago. We are still talking about letting it slip to the family and just aren't sure - we want to make sure everything is safe and good to go. We started small. Maybe Thanksgiving, maybe Christmas for the rest. I'm not sure we can hold off until Christmas as I'm starting to get a little bump. Looks like I've ate a huge meal all the time.

Name of the week: Evan
Cravings: things I'm not supposed to have... sandwich meat, grouper, over easy eggs
Pregnancy symptoms: Headaches, weight gain, running/stuffy nose, and lack of sleeping

MJR: Yeah, Judy, we won't be able to go on the cruise next spring. And I bet my mother's not going anymore too. 
Judy: Oh, okay.
MJR: Yeah, it will be a bummer but Amanda for sure can't go.
Judy: Why's that?
MJR: She'll probably just be out of the delivery room.
Judy, speechless crying begins.
ALR tears up too.
Judy: Oh that is awesome! That is so awesome!
Judy to grandson Liam: It's okay, Liam, these are happy tears.
Judy to MJR: He's worried about me! You guys are going to be the best parents.

MJR: You have more confidence in us right now than we do. I'm going to need to get a book for after the baby comes.
Judy: This is so awesome!
MJR: And baby's first plane ride will probably be your wedding in September.
Judy: This just keeps getting better and better!
MJR: Mom will be glad that you know.
Judy: I'm calling her right now!!!!

**This post was post-dated and released at a later date for reasons determined by ALR/MJR

No comments:

Post a Comment