Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

How to enjoy Nov weather with OOS family....

Finally a week that isn't filled with mucinex, tylenol, and robitussinDM. I think I'm going to live!

Wednesday was Veteran's Day and Matt and I spent it with some of our favorite service members. We headed up to Lansford to see the family. Was great to spend time with Kevin, J, Randy and Michele, just visiting, catching up and we even made a trip into town. After a little shopping at the mall, we went to the Starving Rooster and enjoyed apps, pizza, and a few desserts. Was a great meal!


Thursday night was filled with prepping for a wedding. We put on chair covers for a couple hours.

Friday was another day to see out of state family as my cousin, Jake, met Matt and I, along with my cousin Kate and her family for lunch. Was good to catch up and see what's going on with him and his family. I had seen his girlfriend in Nashville so how ironic was it that he was able to get a trip to ND within the past month. That night we had an impromptu supper with my parents.

Saturday the good weather of ND continued. It's been a beautiful November with temps in the 60's and only frosts. We've been letting the cats out to enjoy the fun. I don't think they like the leaves but it has allowed us to prep the garden beds for next year's crop.

That night, Michele and Randy stopped on their way back from Minneapolis full of stories of where they'd eaten and what they'd seen on their quick relief trip away while Kevin and J watched Lee. We had given them a few recommendations and it was fun to hear that they enjoyed them. They even got one up on us as they tried a place that we hadn't had before.

Sunday was another around the house day. We did help weigh calves but Matt washed cars, I did laundry, and picked up. Was good to putter around.

Best meal: Starving Rooster... I had the ground hog, which was a white pizza with chicken, ham, and Italian bread crumbs.

MJR: I think we should go to Florida in January.
ALR: I think we need a king sized bed and want to replace the floor in the kitchen.
MJR: But we could do it for pretty cheap.
ALR: Are you just jealous that your parents are off doing things that we recommended and you are stuck at home not getting to see and eat fun things?
MJR wistfully: Maybe. 


Dear Matt:
I've decided if you can't beat them, join them.
Love your best friend forever -

Nike
p.s. Maybe it's Stockholm syndrome?

No comments:

Post a Comment