Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

How to watch hockey...

This week we are mourning the loss of Kevin, he went back to California. Was nice to see him and catch up. He even took Matt out one night with the curlers to see the game and have Matt try his luck. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a formal goodbye from him, it’s my own fault. I have been a bit hectic with work, I even made a day trip to Grand Forks for a meeting. There and Back. One day. Ewww.
We had some big things happen this past week, we started seriously unpacking. Not the packing that we had been doing – which was organic and on a whim, but a serious concentrated effort. The office, the guest rooms, it’s all fair game. I even convinced Matt to hang some pics with me. And when I say, “with me” what I mean is I point to the picture, then point to the wall, he does the math and the calculations and hammers the nail.
He’s also very excited as UND men’s hockey made it into the final four in Boston. I know if I gave the go-ahead, we’d be buying Boston tickets and heading out there, but this year he’ll be watching it from here. He had a few friends over to watch the game and it’s amazing how tradition and ritual can inspire the most interesting behaviors. Three grown men doing party poppers after a score occurs. If we could only use the power of sports for good…..I’m ready for playoffs and basketball to come to a close as we have had a lot of sports on our television.

The weather has been phenomenal. 70’s and sunny and makes me think we are so close to spring. The lake even opened up. The association has had work done to the dock this past week but it didn’t stop us from taking a peek and also planning to get a nice paddle boat as an anniversary gift to each other. We also had our first meal on the deck. Buffalo chicken sandwiches. Nike was not impressed.

Best meal: We had my parents over for supper and enjoyed sausage, potatoes, and spaghetti squash. Was the first go we’ve had with the sausage that we made this year.

On the phone…
MJR: Hello?
ALR: OMG, if we ever have kids, I’m going to be the worst mother ever.
MJR: 
ALR: So Kay wants to have this Elsa cake for Sissy’s birthday.
MJR: Elsa?
ALR: Yeah, Elsa. Frozen. You know. I told her she should just make one. Why spend the money on buying a sheetcake? After all you can just make a cake and shove an Elsa figurine into the top of the cake.
MJR: Ahhh, Queen Elsa of Arendelle, also known as the Snow Queen, is the deuteragonist of Disne…..
ALR: What? Did you google Elsa?
MJR: I had to know what you are talking about.
ALR: (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment