Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

How to find an egg...

There’s something about the Easter holiday that lets you know that you have made it through winter. While I’ve been actively scanning the trees for budding to occur, I have lost count of my robins, but then again I hear it’s currently a bit snoweyish outside and we haven’t completely put away our shovels for the year. Do I think we’ve got another big one in the making for us, probably but only because it’s the trend. I’m antsy to pull out the patio set, start putting up the décor and we’ve already picked a spot for the garden and the wedding arbor. It’s just the doing that needs to come.
This past weekend was two holidays…Alaina’s birthday and Easter. This being said, I got to celebrate her birthday with her at Denise’s house and had turkey, ham, and more. We partook in the seasonal activities of watching the egg hunt and kite flying with the family. It’s interesting to remember that at one time there was almost 13 egg hunters actively listening to some aunt/mother yell “I see an egg.” Now we watch my cousin’s kids huff across the yard for the masses of eggs that are available to find.

Other highlights for the week include organizing the office, where we stumbled upon old videos and pictures from our past. Matt watched his younger days play out….I know that many times our paths crossed in various places but watching him twelve years ago makes me wonder if I’d have fallen for the same man. He did have advice he wished to give his younger self, but then again, don’t we all.

We also experienced a new bar. We went to 510.2, the speakeasy in Bismarck. The door really isn’t a door but a hidden place in the wall that you push open. The atmosphere was the old, steampunk-feel, that made you feel prohibition like. The drinks were anything but old…the menu was smart, fun, and playful with a level of complexity and science that we could appreciate as part of the experience. It’s not one that we’ll go to every weekend, but it was something different, social, and we both said we’d go back.

We also had lunch with Michele on Monday. Am so glad that she's able to have a little personal time because of the help that they were able to line up to Grandma-sit.

Best meal: Matt and I both really liked the turkey that we had on Easter…add to that mashed potatoes, salad, sweet potatoes, and angel food cake with strawberries and whip. It was a good meal!

Watching video from 2003. 
Scene is in the fraternity house.
ALR: SO let me get this straight. Weren’t you just wearing that shirt like 4 days ago, according to the time on the video.
MJR: Yeah, it was a great shirt.I still have that shirt.
ALR: And you play the same three songs?
MJR: Yes.
ALR: Was that your bed? A Futon?
MJR: Yes.

More watching.
MJR: Ahhh, to be back there again. Those were the days.
ALR: (Stares at him)

No comments:

Post a Comment