Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

How to plot...

Another week closer to spring. We've had a bit of a rapid start as the winds and the lack of moisture has made it a perfect storm for fires. We haven't been in any danger but Grace's house and family were a bit too close for comfort to the flames. Nike wasn't happy with me because I wouldn't allow the window to be open because the smell of smoke was filling the house.

Nike's had a bit of a rough week. Matt ended up taking her into the vet's office. She's been a bit off and we hope it's nothing serious and all fluke. We have decided this may be the year that Nike meets a groomer, which may help us all. The other rough spot of the week for her and her other two amigos was we had a bath night for the trio. No one was real impressed. Lola hated it...cried the whole time and attempted a few jump outs. TonyDanza took it the best but I wasn't too surprised about all of that. Matt would give the baths and then I would do the drying. One of the first times that Nike has really cuddled with me.

The week drug by but we packed as much as we could into the weekend. Friday night we had an anniversary party for the Bismarck Aero Center, which had a great turnout and I stayed up to visit with house guests who crashed at our house Friday night. I made breakfast the next morning while Matt went out to fill in for my dad regarding chores. It's nice that he can and is able to help out in that way so my dad has a bit of freedom.

Saturday didn't stop there, we took in the Garden Show, where Matt had a yard and grass class and I scoured the show and took home a tiki torch bird/junker style from Thomas Ironworks. He caught my eye the first time I walked in and I had to take him home! Janice would call this a "ToMe, FromMe, LoveMe" gift.

That afternoon we did a bit of housecleaning and Matt made pizza so we could have company over. We were a little nervous to have Jared and Lex over as they are vegans and I don't have much experience cooking without meat but also cooking without eggs, dairy, cheese, etc. It went really well, Matt made two types of pizza and we purchased vegan cheese. They said it was so good and were happy to take home the leftovers! They brought over an apple tart, which if I wouldn't have known it was vegan, I wouldn't have been able to tell! It was a fun night and good to meet a new couple. They said that we were the first people to cook for them/invite them over since they'd gone vegan. That made us feel good to decide to invite them over.

Sunday, we had a pleasure of being Randy and Michele's escape point. They had to get out of the house for a bit, so took a drive down to have lunch with us and see the progress on the house. They'll have a bit more of a break this weekend and I'm so glad Kevin and Co. are making it happen!
We finished the day on Sunday starting a few projects around the house, including plotting out the garden, flower beds, seed starting, and more. It was a good weekend.
Best meal: Matt's pizza was better than normal.....we did the standard pep but we also added some veggies on...probably won't be the last time we go in that direction.

Walking into the garden show.
See a booth of the renovated junk art.
At the same time ALR: Ohhhhh!!!!! MJR: Ughhhhhh!!
ALR: Why did you make that noise? Aren't they beautiful?
MJR: It's all metal scraps.
ALR: Isn't it fun!!!! Come look with me.
MJR: (blank stare)


 Someone has figured out how to open the drawer to get our his "milk" treats. The sad part was, it didn't take him hardly any time at all and gave me the saddest face of all time when I took them away, put them back in the drawer, and closed it again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment