Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

How to pay for pizza...

The weather slipped back into the end of winter chills this past week. There was some peppering of sun but as I write there is a fine layer of winter covering the earth.

This past weekend we took a trip up to Lansford to see Kevin and the in-laws. Was a great trip to catch up. Am glad that his company is based out of Bismarck, gets him up here once a year. We saw Grandma Lee who continues to fail. She continues to have a loose grip on reality and is barely recognizing people. Aging can be such a scary thing and there is no way to do it gracefully. I know this has been hard on many people to be part of her slipping.
There was a few moments of Matt’s past that came out this past weekend and brought a smile to his face of recollection. One was seeing his grandfather’s tackle box, which had been immaculately cared for and many things were still in the box even. The other was his Ninja Turtle back pack. Funny story is that him and I had just been talking about this but he had sold it to his Grandma for $5 and she carried it around when her and Bob traveled and carried a small coffee pot with two cups in it to start their day. It is still in fabulous condition, complete with Matt’s signature and information in the inside cover. Was fun to see him watch the memories resurface.

We were able to treat the family to Sammy’s Pizza in town. Was nice to see everyone get out and visit a bit. I know there was some disappointment in the meal but I wish I could duplicate their cheesy bread, that may have been one of my favorite parts!

On our way home, Matt got to spend some extra time with Kevin. I had a quality companion of my own to hash out the problems of the world. Was good for me as it was for Matt. We took Kevin out that night to Lucky Ducks, unique eatery that plays on having duck incorporated into their menu as well as lobster, elk, and more.

Kevin and Jake weren’t our only guests of the week, my maid of honor made a visit for fajitas early on. I think my favorite quote from her was, “So what are you doing with this empty room? You should at least throw a yoga mat down, it’ll look more intentional!”

Best meal: It’s tough…the fajitas were very good, I enjoyed Sammy’s, but maybe Randy’s leftover breakfast pizza, even though they don’t put it in the fridge.
Michele: We always win. We pay.
Randy: Ha, so there!
ALR: Yep, you always win.
(10 minutes later)
Randy: Damnit, you!
ALR and MJR (smug look)


I found a pile of wedding programs in box and to extend the love I've decided to give them away as parting gifts to our house guests. I was successful in giving away three this week, one to each guest that visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment