Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

How to tell if it's spring

We had a beautiful weekend. I'm not even joking. 70's on both Saturday and Sunday. Seriously, beautiful. What happens on a beautiful weekend, you get sick. Ugh! Coughing, sniffing, sore throat. ick. I did decide to push through it just because it was too beautiful and I had too much going on.

Some of the weekly highlights include:

A joint trip to the capitol. I was there to observe testimony and a bill, Matt was there to testify on a resolution. It was fun to watch him and listen to the questions that they asked while knowing that his answer was respected because of his experience plus since he shaved his beard, he looks so good in a suit.

Matt and I made a trip out to the farm. Dad wanted to make it to a sale in Stanley and asked Matt to do chores so he could go. I was just along for the ride and to also celebrate my mother's birthday. Was good to visit with her a bit too as things have been crazy with her in the middle of calving and Matt and I swamped between settling more into the house and traveling. Was fun to see the calves too, they were zooming around and jumping, and had tails in the air. That's my favorite part of spring. We did make a birthday supper for Mom's day including pork belly, grits, chutney, and chops with a chocolate, strawberry cake to follow. I only wish I would have remembered candles.
On Sunday, we sorted the house. Felt good to sort. Matt finally put together a few presents of ours including the firepit for our wedding as well as my Christmas pation heater. Was fun to sit with it a put and enjoy the yard. 

We've had a slow week, which is good for recovery. The temps have dropped again but I'm hoping we don't have another big bang snowfall again.

Best meal: For St. Patrick's Day, Matt cooked a corned beef, potatoes, creamed cabbage, and steamed cabbage. He did a great job. I will admit I was impressed.

ALR: Hey, want to split this thing I bought? Mediterranean Halva?
MJR: Sure.
(both bite)
MJR: You can have my half.

ALR: I don't think you gave it a good try.
MJR: It's what I imagine the sand from Cabo to taste like.
ALR: No, I think you're wrong, I think it's like flavored insulation.  

MJR: Freeze-dried?
ALR: I don't think it's too bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment