Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Piles, Cans, and Candles

Another week and it’s becoming fall. Plus we created a pile this past week. We didn't. Matt, Mom and Dad did. A huge heaping stinking pile. Of corn confetti. Worst punishment ever. Matt handled it better than I may have. So glad to be done with that craptastic fun.

Wanted to share that my canning which has ranged more diverse this year than most with various jellys, jams, sauces, and even a soup has become noticed. I took 1st place in my work competition in the “other” category with my Beet Syrup, which actually was supposed to be Beet Jelly but it didn’t set up. It’s my story and it’s my secret, so shhhh, lemons, lemonaid and all that good stuff. But I also achieved Best in Show for a tie with Peach Rosemary jelly. I think my win may have been bigger because she didn’t even win her individual category.
Other things that have been happening. Hmmm….yeah, we haven’t been selling our house. Sigh. It’s completely heartbreaking and disappointing. I feel like I’m pushing sand up a hill. We just want the houses to get their stuff in order and it keeps compiling and building and it’s yucky and then people ask how it’s going and I feel like imploding because telling them won’t change anything. At. All. 

We celebrated my 31st birthday. Now I’m old like Matt.

I actually spent it in Dickinson. I had the nicest morning….woke up and Shantelle and Rick made me breakfast and lattes and we had the nicest conversation. I wouldn’t have changed a thing. From there I went in to help my scentsy director with a vendor show she organized. It was SUPER busy but it was fun to see individuals and help them get set up. I thought we worked well together and may do it again in the future! I headed home and had supper with my family. The next day, Matt and I spent the day together. It was very nice, we went through the Parade of Homes in Bismarck, which was a fun new thing for us experience and talk about things we liked and didn’t. We also went out for dinner and took in dinner. It was nice to forget about our frustration with real estate and title companies and buyers and sellers and banks and Williston and Dickinson. 

Best meal: This is hard...my birthday breakfast with R&P or my birthday steak and salad with my family or MacKenzie River pizza with Matt who encouraged me to get a S'mores martini. 

MJR: Do you think we'll have a house like this someday?
ALR: No!
MJR: Are you doubting my earning abilities?
ALR: No, I'm doubting we're ever going to want to get involved in real estate transactions again after this mess.

Dear my BFF-Matt,
It happened again. They took away my fun. I brought home a beautiful gift for them, since you told me that my time is coming to a close with grandma and grandpa. Since they didn’t like the rabbit that I showed them, I thought I’d try the absolute opposite, a snake. Now the rule, “I can do whatever I want at Grandma’s” is out the window, like they forgot that they ever said it. 
And to think I’ve been called ungrateful. 
Love your bestie, Nike
p.s. tell the orange one and that other one to eat dirt.

A shot from our anniversary shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment